Author Topic: Front Suspension  (Read 2565 times)

FrazerWill

• View Profile
Front Suspension
« on: April 24, 2011, 08:03:39 PM »
 I'm looking at my Front Suspension on my 49 Frazer and was wondering about part. Are they at NAPA or is this a "KF parts guy only" part?   Cost?

How do these Front Suspension hold up? Do they need a rebuild or can it be adjusted?

I know different car need rebuilding at different times (maintenance) but do these last a long time?

Are the part a pain to install?

Thanks, Will in Whittier

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Front Suspension
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 05:02:00 AM »
Front suspension parts for KFs are so common that we used to sell them in bulk at meets. I laugh when I see control arm kits on ebay listed for $75 or more when I know I've never paid more than 1/3 that for one.

FrazerWill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2011, 08:38:07 PM »
I see them on ebay and I'm not sure if there the right one or if the price is too much.

I seen the prices on other 49-50 Frazer parts go up 3 times they were when I first got my car just a few years ago.

Any guide lines as for price or who has them at a fair price.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2011, 05:02:05 AM »
First off, you need an illustrated parts list book for your car...from your postings, it doesn't sound like you have one.

The next thing is to contact the vendors who regularly advertise in the MONTHLY BULLETIN of the club for price and availabilities of what you need.  If you have the K/F part numbers to pass on to the vendors, this can be helpful as various items look similar from over the years but may not interchange well.

You may also want to get an Interchange Manual; a member in CA put the latest version together and is selling it.  Because someone from the club did this, I did not put interchange information into KFOCI HANDBOOK VERSION 4.0 as well as the 5.0 UPDATE that is currently being worked up for release somewhere down the road (perhaps 2015-2017 or later).

jmxkf1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 05:07:41 PM »
Look for Dick Hansen's ad in the newsletter.   He lives in Corning, Ca so you can also look him up in the quarterly.     

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2011, 08:55:51 PM »
Keep in mind that IF you rebuild the front suspension then that would give you piece of mind that you would never need to do it again, given that we don't drive these old cars as daily transportation.  So, if you do it, do it with good parts, well installed and then you would be done for "life" in most cases.
No old cars owned.