Author Topic: 1955 Willys in Hemmings.com  (Read 3056 times)

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
1955 Willys in Hemmings.com
« on: May 19, 2011, 01:08:29 AM »
IF I had the money, here is a car I would love to own.  For sale at Hemmings.com.
http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/willys/custom/1235992.html
Some lucky club member needs this car.   I have to stay married.   ;)
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1955 Willys in Hemmings.com
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
Awesome car, I wish I could get this. Love Aeros....
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 02:51:43 PM »
I was just going to post this, but you beat me to it.  Some people prefer the earlier cars because the grill got "busier" in 55, but personally, this year is my favorite Willys, from the grill to the taillights.  Very nice example here, and I hope it goes to a club member, or that whoever buys it joins the club!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2011, 04:54:24 AM »
JOE FRAZER can help me out on this, but it is my understanding that the two-tone 1955 Willys Sedan from the Crawford Museum was NOT supposed to be sold!  A couple of years ago, the board of that facility decided that any car or plane not having some kind of tie to Ohio was considered "surplus" and would go on the block in order to cover the debt load created by years of mis-management and grandiouse plans that never amounted to a hill of beans, which reflected the dreams of past management.  As one of the last Willys-branded sedans built by the company it was supposed to stand proud next to the 1940 Willys "poster car" sedan the place has (but maybe that got sold too?). 

It is ironic that, while the place is selling most of everything it has, the estate of Mrs. Crawford is in the process of turning over $7,000,000 on top of monies given by her before she died.  She wanted to preserve as much of the collection as possible, especially product built or having specific ties to Ohio.