Author Topic: new story on my KF Blog  (Read 1718 times)

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
new story on my KF Blog
« on: April 22, 2011, 01:41:31 PM »
It has been a long time since I was moved to write to my Blog. Here is a story posted today.

http://kfscribbles.blogspot.com/
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: new story on my KF Blog
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2011, 04:06:01 PM »
Thanks for the post--good read.  I'm sure the 54K would have been a much better car than the 55 Plymouth turned out to be.  Too bad your dad didn't buy that one!

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 11:06:53 PM »
Thanks Ben,  Your blog is always a good read!!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 08:49:40 PM »
Ben's Blog is difficult to post a reply so I will do it here.
"Take a look at that great pic. Every time I look at it I am reminded of some memorable trips out West—either for camping and fishing in Yellowstone country or for more “mundane” activities. Nearly always we stopped at the Texline rest area (at the border between TX and NM) on 87 especially if we were headed out to the West rather than returning home. This pic was snapped by me early one morning as the sun was coming up at the rest stop. I can't be sure which trip it was."
Well that picture could not have been taken at the rest area on the trip with the Kaisers. It would have been too dark. We stopped at the rest area just before Texline, but Ben was so anxious to get to the KF National (or had to go to the bathroom) that he woke all of us up before day light. We drove may be 3 miles down the road and then he wanted to stop for coffee at a cafe just into New Mexico. It was right at 5AM at the clock at the cafe, still dark, and a number of ranchers were were drifting in. Ben and my brother went in but I stayed in the car and got a little more sleep. While the boundary between the Central and Mountain Time Zones in that area is the Texas/NM stateline I am still claiming Ben so woke us before 5 AM!
And...Do you know what a Honey Locust tree is? They grow 3 inch branched spikes (not thorns) from their trunks and branches. These can go through thick boot soles and 6 ply tractor tires.  It seems the Texas Highway department landscaped that rest area with those trees. I expected us to have a flat tire, but fortunately we didn't.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170