Author Topic: Things they should have at KFOCI Meets  (Read 29541 times)

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Things they should have at KFOCI Meets
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
I know this is a late response to the argument before, but I feel I need to include my 2 cents as a younger member. I can definitely see the benefit in a joint independents club, and I do feel that such a club would be a strong club, finally putting american independents in the spotlight. I do recognize the problems associated with merging clubs, I'm also an Alfa guy and there are always problems with other Italian car makes at shows, usually with Ferrari or Lancia, but in the spirit of the old car hobby, I don't believe that KF has enough viable products to maintain a club on it s own forever, unless of course, it branched outward to include more items, whether they be KF or not...
- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: May 10, 2011, 10:25:37 AM »
A joint independents club is an impossible nightmare as any good it could do would be lost in the back-room dealing between the various factions jockying for position of leadership.  Various efforts at "mergers" were tried over the last 30 or so years with no success.  Anything that ended up a joint organization turned out to fail as the groups involved were too week to survive and there were single marquee alternatives to the vehicles covered that gave better service, if you will to members.

Our problem is to get people with cars taking their K-F products to events;  I know of various members with nice cars and collections of other makes.  They rarely if ever take their K-F stuff out because they prefer the looks, road performance, etc, of the other stuff.  A few even believe they will get more attention with their Studebaker, Mercury, DeSoto or Pontiac than they would with a Kaiser, Frazer or other K-F product (except Darrins).

Cortes121

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2011, 12:26:37 PM »
I agree with the problems stated, you definitely would get a host of leadership issues, not to mention substandard judging. Indeed the problem remains of having enough people show up with their cars, I can understand that. I'm sorry so many attempted joint ventures ended leaving a bitter taste in everyone's mouth, but I definitely hope for a day when there is a strong relationship between the independent clubs..

- Anthony

1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1955 Packard Clipper Custom

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2011, 07:48:08 PM »
All I can say to the next to the last post is..."I'm appauled!"
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2011, 12:26:02 AM »
I am surprised.  We in the PNW have met jointly with the Graham Club, the Studebaker Club and attended numerous Orphan Meets.  I have found them all very friendly and helpful.  People love Kaisers ... always lots of lookers.  I took the Kaiser below to a 800 car "hotrod show" and got a trophy for "Favorite Orphan" at the show. 

Joint Orphan Clubs of American Independents will make more and more sense as travel costs go up and up.  Going to the SD Natl in my own Division will cost us $1000 to get there and back in gas.  Local clubs will make more and more sense as time goes by.  Just my thoughts.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #80 on: May 11, 2011, 08:17:42 AM »
A joint independents club is an impossible nightmare as any good it could do would be lost in the back-room dealing between the various factions jockying for position of leadership.  Various efforts at "mergers" were tried over the last 30 or so years with no success.  Anything that ended up a joint organization turned out to fail as the groups involved were too week to survive and there were single marquee alternatives to the vehicles covered that gave better service, if you will to members.

Kind of like back in the fifties. Deja Vu all over again.   :D  Ok I couldn't resist it, but the independents fought not too get together back then as well.
No old cars owned.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: May 11, 2011, 09:39:17 PM »
Haha, good point!  Let's get some mergers going, and maybe finally KF can get something a bit more powerful than the continental 226  ;D.  pnw_oldmags, I love that color combination on your Manhattan, very pretty car.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: May 11, 2011, 11:38:25 PM »
I drove that car for 18000 miles and sold it to Kaiser Bill several years back.  It is now in his Museum that pic shows it in front of.  :'(  Regret decision to sell regularly.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #83 on: May 11, 2011, 11:51:52 PM »
Actually, I thought that was Kaiser Bill's place.  At least you know he's taking good care of it  ;)

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2011, 08:30:27 AM »
We always have a silent auction at our PNW Meets.  Everyone brings something (KF or Not) and you always take home something different.

This time I brought home a faded 1953 Kaiser Owners Manual, a 1949 Kaiser Owners Manual (the Convertible) version without a cover, an early Parts List, a Salem Natl Participation award Clock and 4 1953 Manhattan window cranks.  $8 what a deal.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:33:45 AM by pnw_oldmags »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster