Author Topic: Dual diaphram fuel pump needed!  (Read 4177 times)

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
Dual diaphram fuel pump needed!
« on: June 03, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
Looks like I need a new dual diaphram fuel pump for my 51 if I'm going to get it to the National!  Does anyone know where I can get one relatively quick? 
Also sounds like I may need a manifold gasket.
We are having fun, right!?  :)
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dual diaphram fuel pump needed!
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »
Rabbit, I have one from a 53K--I think they are the same.  It's in working condition and I don't think it leaks, but I don't know when or if it's ever been rebuilt, so I would probably suggest that you do rebuild it.  I don't know what one would be worth, but it wouldn't need to be very much.  Let me know if you want it and I can ship it to you.  You can also contact me by my email on this website.

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2011, 01:43:43 AM »
Logan, thanks for the reply... I have been so busy I haven't even had a chance to check this forum lately...   I think I may have a fix in the works, thanks!
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2011, 04:20:06 PM »
Okay, good luck.  Let me know.

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 11:30:06 PM »
Well, I made a command decision today NOT to take Rachael, our prized '51 Kaiser to SD.  I am still confused about which oil to run in her, whether or not to use a gasoline additive (even with hardened valve seats) or just how sound my motor is for long distance travel. My little cruise down to Morton, WA (only about 300 miles round trip) was not encouraging. So with both deep regret and no small amount of relief of the stress (potentially financial and other wise) she stays home in our garage.  We will still be there, though, and we WILL have a good time!  :)
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 11:38:15 PM »
 :-[  It will be a fun trip anyway!! 8)
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

jsgmpeek

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 03:20:33 PM »
I use Shell Rotella 10W-40 in my car, (54 Kaiser) it has added protection and although designed for diesel engines it works very well in gas engines too with the added detergents it keeps everything pretty clean.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2011, 07:20:35 PM »
At a KF meet last fall, our speaker at the banquet was an expert with Ford who handled lubrication. The question was posed about which oils gave the best protection for the older engines, now that most have little to no zinc in them. His answer was that Quaker State had the highest zinc concentration with the Rotella also high on the list.

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2011, 07:45:41 PM »
After the National, I'll be getting that high zinc content oil among other things.  Thanks for the advice!
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2011, 06:00:01 PM »
to rebuild your fuel pump with the diaphragms that will withstand the ETHANOL or other alcohol additives in the fuel a re comended source is ANTIQUE AUTO PARTS CELLAR south weymouth,ma. 02190 phone # 781-335-1579 same with carbs.  The problem we have with our old cars not liking ethanol is the fuel sitting on the rubber and softening it up RUN THE OLD GAL EVERY WEEK OR TWO AND IT WILL BE FINE.

kaiserkid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2011, 07:05:13 PM »
Why not run ZDDP oil additive? You can use the oil you like and not the diesel oil which will wash the engine with the harsh detergents. I sell ZDDP and I have never, and none of my many customers, have ever had a problem. I can ship a bottle to you for $10.50. Let me know.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2011, 04:25:33 AM »
According to our resident lubrications expert at the Ford engine plant, Shell Rotella oil in the proper weight would be best as it still maintains chemical characteristics of 1950's vintage product.