Author Topic: Dragon back on the road.  (Read 2209 times)

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
Dragon back on the road.
« on: September 13, 2011, 08:23:53 PM »

Finally got my Dragon back on the road this week after the engine rebuild. My wife took some picture of it in front of a mural in Fontana California near my home that depicts Henry J. Kaisers contribution to the growth of the city with his Steel foundry. I could not park exactly where I wanted to because a car was just in front of me but I will try again then I will blow the picture up poster size for my wall of pride.  :)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dragon back on the road.
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2011, 10:57:30 PM »
A mighty fine looking Dragon you have there! It's great that it's back on the road. Congratulations.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2011, 12:51:16 AM »
What a great looking car !! And what a great photo to show it off..congrats on getting it back on the road. And thanks for sharing with us :)
1968 Buick Skylark Convertible
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman

j762538

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2011, 04:35:51 AM »
Looks Good!
51 Kaiser Deluxe Traveler 2 door
54 Kaiser Early Special 4 door

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2011, 05:25:36 PM »
WOW, that's so cool. The photo with Henry J. Kaiser makes it really that much cooler. Put that in the calander. 1953 L.Plates on the car would be a great finishing touch. You can put year of manufacter plates on cars in Ca. I have 1940 Ca. plates on my 1940 Packard 160 touring sedan. cool photo, thanks.
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2011, 07:30:45 PM »
Thank,s for the nice comments, I have another idea of taking some pictures in front of a cool looking Chinese restaurant called the DRAGON HOUSE.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2011, 07:11:20 PM »
HI, Beautiful car.  Is it the All Vinyl??? I had my green one at the San Diego show

stroker70

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2011, 10:46:16 PM »
Hi Dusty, I think I saw your car in San Diego, I was there for a couple hours on Thursday checking out the cars. There were two green Dragons parked next to each other and I bet one was yours. My Car has maroon bamboo vinyl with cloth in the seating area. The cloth is not the original overlapping paper clips design but it looks good. Someday I want to put the correct straw bamboo top on it and get the proper fabric for the inside.

Chris

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2011, 03:40:31 PM »
Hi Stroker, Yes one of the dragons was mine, the one with the california license on the front. It took me 37 years to get it done. I found the embossers in Tokyo, Japan and they returned them to the U.S. Then Doug Pollack (SMS) was contacted and went back there hired a semi and brought back ALL the Kaiser HJ vinyl embossers. so today we have everything we need. NOW FOR YOUR INSERT MATERIAL I delivered the film, positive and negative  to Doug Pollack and he has been running the EXACT PATTERN AND BASIC MATERIAL for the 53 Marie Nichols( Laguna) cloth DRAGONS. When you order the material PLEASE remember the doors and seat inserts require 1/3rd more material due to the tuck and roll. My Dragon took a total of 26 yards of the new stuff. to do the car complete including the trunk and all i had left was enough scraps to do the binding on the carpet and trunk panels