Author Topic: Ford Flathead adater to kaiser transmission  (Read 1556 times)

George

• View Profile
Ford Flathead adater to kaiser transmission
« on: August 19, 2011, 04:45:05 PM »
Anybody know anything about the Flathead Ford to Kaiser transmission adapter kit made by Hoosier Machine way back in the 60's or so. I may need one in the future. I have the bell from a flathead ford truck trans. I think there are at least 2 more parts, maybe more. A adapter spacer between the Kaiser trans and the Ford bell and a tube that fits over the input shaft  to allow use of the Ford throw out bearing. Maybe someone has one in their I can't bring myself to heave it out pile.

I'm also looking for parts to install a 54 font end on my 1953 Kaiser. I have almost everything but I'm missing some of the parts you can't see when the hood is closed.

Any help on anything is a help.

Thanks George

Doc

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Ford Flathead adater to kaiser transmission
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 06:52:33 PM »
Only see this Chevy conversion:
http://www.transmissionadapters.com/index.htm
'54 Manhattan
'54 Late Special
'51 Frazer sedan

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 10:19:24 PM »
George, what parts are you looking for?   ???
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

George

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2011, 08:01:55 PM »
I need right and left radiator splash panels. They have to be cheap and in good enuff condition that I can repair or use them as a pattern to make new ones. Also need a passenger side radiator cradle to fender bracket. I'm not sure how much of the 1953 Kaiser front end sheet metal can be used but feel these might be the last parts I need to change over to 1954 sometime in the future.

George

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »
I looked at adapter site and I'm not seeing anything I can use or afford for that matter. I need to have the Kaiser trans be able to have a 32-48 V8 Ford flathead bolted to it. I'm building 50's period custom out of car that was poor shredder material to start out with. The adapter I'm looking for gives me the ability to use any number of OHV engines from that time by useing the matching adapter to Ford flathead. My 53 is often mistaken for a chopped Mercury at first glance. It has had extensive sheet metal replacement besides a 5 1/2" chop. There was nothing left that was any good when I got it except the drive train. You would never know now it was in such rotted out worthless condition.