Author Topic: Manufacturing of parts  (Read 10454 times)

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Manufacturing of parts
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2012, 01:07:33 PM »
Eureka  !!    The new rubber molding material is now patent file protected and ready for sale.

MANY THANKS TO ALL WHO HELPED IN THE PRODUCT TESTING PHASE - (SPECIFICALLY LES L. IN THIS GROUP) !!!

The product has been officially named "Versimold" and will soon be available in online stores for initial release. I have high hopes for this product - and being a gearhead, I am excited to be the father of a product that will have so many automotive hobbyist applications.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2012, 11:39:32 AM »
I do have an ORIGINAL accelerator pedal boot that came off a 1953 car I am restoring it is still intact and  flexable I will send it to a( serious)  manufacturer for evaluation but want it back. and to answer the statement that there are boots available yes one of our members has some simular but there are differences ie: the length,number if flutes and diameter. they will work but do look different to the original. contact mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com if interested in reproduction

StillOutThere

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2012, 09:01:59 PM »
In most cases the thickness of a gasket needs to be very precise and the measurement is totally consistent and only a few or several thousandths of an inch to maintain even sealing capacity as well as even distribution of torque when compressed.  Can the material be accurately measured prior to curing and does it change in any dimension from curing?  What properties does it have regarding for example ethanol gasoline?

Is your foam gasket material white or gray or black.   I'm thinking park and tail lens gaskets.
'34 Terraplane convertible coupe
'51 Kaiser Deluxe coupe
'52 Spohn Palos cabriolet
'53 Nash-Healey
'57 Chrysler 300C convertible

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2012, 12:31:53 PM »
Dusty,

The material is extremely dimensionally stable (ie; it changes very little during the cure). It is a solid flexible rubber when cured, not a foamed rubber - think grommet or brake pedal cover type of material. I have prduced the following form the material for my 39 Olds (eeeeek a GM product !!!)
Hood bumpers, door stop bumpers, grommets, the fender grommet for the tank fill tube, body plugs, etc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Versimold-Moldable-rubber-for-custom-gaskets-grommets-insulation-and-more-/120891694653?hash=item1c25b4de3d&vxp=mtr

The link above is the Ebay listing, we have not yet "retail launched" the product yet, but our IT guy has listed it on Ebay basically to get the "buzz" started. I sent out some free samples to some car guys (one fellow from this forum who did a fabulous job) to allow some of our "skilled" folks to test. I would issue a few more free ones to you guys - message me - but please - only if you have a need and if you are willing publish some feedback, either in forums, or a youtube video or something so that we are contributing to the buzz - thereby justifying the freebies.

John

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2013, 03:19:30 PM »
Update on the Versimold rubber product. The product will soon be featured on the "parts bin" section of the Gearz TV show. The website for the product is www.versimold.com (though it is still under construction).

It's amazing what "car guys" can come up with...

Thanks again for those who helped with the trials. I distributed quite a bit of the material in the beginning and I was very impresed by the response I got from my fellow Kaiser nuts.

On to the next project - closed cell foam rubber parts. One of our divisions manufactures closed cell sponge rubber (think gasket materials under lights, trunk ornaments, under mirrors, betweeen heater and firewall, etc.). The compressible gasket material is currently used for sound deadener inside fenders, gaskets between AC units and firewall, as spacers in fuel tank mounts, even under the big yellow lights on buses.

The material is "skived" to the proper thickness and then a steel-rule die is used to cut out the gasket - wiht or without adhesive on the back side. the "barrier to entry" for parts such as these are the initial cost of the steel rule die - typically $400 - $500 dollars depending on size and complexity unless it is something stupid like a donut.

We have the capacity to die cut both large and small quantities - the trick is to find parts of such sufficient quantities that the initial cost becomes bearable, ie; the part would likely have to cover several models / years.
If anyone is aware of such parts or range of parts, please let me know and I will work on it.

Another alternative is to offer small sheets of the material for restorers to cut themselves kind of like the package of gasket paper - (a little feedback if anyone thinks that would take off or flop !!)

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
OK guys, the "Versimold" product is undergoing patent protection - and will soon be featured on "Gearz" !!!  Thanks again to the guys that trialed this for me...  I think the product is really going to take off.

I'm at it again...   I have prepared another "product" for test trials. this is a closed cell sponge rubber product. It is cut into square sheets of various thickness - the intent is much like buying a package of gasket paper - only closed cell sponge rubber, the type of material that would typically be found as an outside mirror gasket or under an emlem (such as the trunk handle / emblem on my 51 Kaiser).

I have considered making steel rule dies and punching out parts, but there is such a wide variety of parts, and the quantity needed is often too small to justify the cost of the steel rule die (sereral hundred dollars), so I figured it makes sense to offer the variety pack of materials that guys can cut out the gaskets they need with a razor.

Again, I need about a half dozen volunteers to recieve free product, same deal as before -

I figure - who better than you guys to test this stuff - It really comes down to your imagination or need to produce a part as well as your modeling skills - who's better with models than us car guys ??
Here's the deal - I need people to use this stuff and tell me about it - better yet - post it to YouTube. Shoot me a message and I will send you some to try for free (we aren't even selling it yet). Yes - I'll pay to get it to you as well, just promise to help make it famous - post a video of you trying it.

I need real, actual feedback, as well as what you would expect to find the pack priced at if you found it in a retail auto parts store. The material is "automotive grade" - that is, it is the same foam rubber that you would find in a modern automobile under emblems or mirrors, in fenders as sound deadeners, as an nsulator between the gas tank and the straps, etc.

Skipplehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 07:52:56 PM »
Someone was (or was going to) use a three-D plastic printer to try and make reproduction knobs and window cranks and hood ornaments.  Anybody know who that was / is?  Not sure if it was a person in the KFOCI group.   I'm trying to find the reproduction window crank plastic knobs and escutcheons for my 51  Henry J. 
1951 Henry J.
6 cyl, O/D
KFOCI # 5949

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2013, 07:05:33 AM »
We finally got the products out to the market, Versimold, the gasket material and others including our ER tape. The demo on the tape aired on Gearz tv show just the other day... looks like we're up and running !  There will be a "product demo" on the Versimold product - also airing on Stacey David's Gearz in a few weeks !!

Please visit our webstore !!!
www.rowe-performance.com

Thanks again for the guys that did trial runs on the products. Please feel free to send me suggestions on related product ideas (plastic and rubber).
JD

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2013, 09:27:24 AM »
Our web developer guy made up a coupon code for 10% to give to guys that have previously purchased from our webstore. As you guys helped me to launch a couple of these products, I figured it only fair to pass it on to all of you.

WWW.ROWE-PERFORMANCE.COM                  Save 10% Coupon Code: ROWE10

Best,
JD