Author Topic: email Bulletin  (Read 8024 times)

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: email Bulletin
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2011, 08:09:59 PM »
To Barb
If a member wants to "stick it to KFOCI" for printing and mailing costs because they are too damn cheap to print their own, then I firmly believe that they do not deserve the email version so that they can get the jump!!!  These "members" obviously want the best of both worlds and that is not resonable.
Times are tough, money is tight, take a stand and state that you get one or the other.

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2011, 09:25:07 PM »
Barbara, that is why we are starting to do it in our SDC chapter. With a smaller base, our reproduction costs are higher, and mailing costs are higher in Canada anyway. The difference is even more substantial for us. We are being pro-active about both membership base and possible declining revenues somewhere along the line. Actually, we are financially VERY healthy and growing, as is our membership---albeit very slowly for both. We have been able with these additional savings to (help) pay for some club activities, like a summer picnic/BBQ, or subsidize some items a bit--and the annual membership fee has remained at $20/year since we started up in 1996.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49:14 PM »
If you are on the "email only" list, your KFOCI Monthly News Bulletin issue for October should be in your mailbox now.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, 06:35:30 AM »
If you are on the "email+paper" list, the OCT 2011 issue should be in your mailbox now
Barbara Mueller

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 06:05:04 PM »
The email Bulletin was started a few years ago as a way to save printing & postage costs for the club. As an incentive, members who signed up were rewarded with an enhanced color version sent in advance of the paper Bulletin mailing.

The email-only list continues to grow ... but so does the email+print list. In the past, the email version was sent to all at the same time - until last month when the list was so large I had to break it up. Having that many is a good thing ... but it also raised the issue of  "double-dippers."

In consideration of those who have given up their paper copy to go green & help the club, a new policy goes into effect with the November 2011 issue: 

If you also get the print version, your email copy will be sent after the Bulletin has been delivered to the Post Office.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:06:39 PM by Bulletin Editor »
Barbara Mueller

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 07:29:58 PM »
Barbara, funny, I was just thinking about the double dipper issue today!  This is a good policy move in my opinion.   ;D  I wish all that could (understanding there are those that don't have or use a computer) would go the e-mail route only to help the club save money.  I've heard the various reasons why some want both electronic and printed and thus far, haven't heard a good one that wasn't totally self-serving (in my humble opinion).

Thanks for taking the position.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2011, 07:35:41 PM »
...that's what I want...every club bulletin since I've joined the club!!!   Get a life.  They're totally worthless and a fire hazard.  I started several years ago just keeping the last few and I've never missed them or ever looked back.  Now with the electronic copy I could save them in virtual memory for the next 100 years!!!   

Just my 2 cents.  ;)
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 04:55:56 AM »
I use old bulletins as sort of a genealogy tool for a car. Tracing owners back, or a story about an owner, has always interested me. Older bulletins were more than just ads, many had articles in them that, today, we'd include in a Quarterly. I have bulletins that go back to the mid-60s and I pull them out from time to time and read thru a few.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »
I have to wonder about the Bulletin.  For most of its life, it was just ads (cars and parts no longer available at prices no longer valid from people that include many deceased--and very missed--people), past events and the odd this and that.  QUARTERLY magazines on the other hand could be useful as the earlier ones had things like re-doing door panels (assuming today you can get the right upholstery material).

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 01, 2011, 08:11:26 AM »
Just looking at the current Bulletin. Its lovely in colour. Wish all previous Quarterlies and Bulletins could be captured this way. If I ever win a lottery, I'd fund it. Until then, wishes aren't horses unfortunately, so no beggars like me get to ride.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »
Just looking at the current Bulletin. Its lovely in colour. Wish all previous Quarterlies and Bulletins could be captured this way. If I ever win a lottery, I'd fund it. Until then, wishes aren't horses unfortunately, so no beggars like me get to ride.

It is possible to do the Quarterly in color by email, and just mail the roster & calendar ... it sure would save a lot of $$$ on printing & postage.  I offered to help/do the pdf conversion, but since Mike has the printer do the typesetting & layout it could be a logistical nightmare - and possible add to the cost.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 08:41:52 PM by Bulletin Editor »
Barbara Mueller

oldpm

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2011, 07:21:43 AM »
Barbara,
Would you please cancel my paper Bulletin and send me the email version to