Author Topic: Key Codes  (Read 1306 times)

Kenn Evans II

• MSN Messenger - winslowcemeteries@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Key Codes
« on: November 07, 2011, 01:01:40 AM »
Are there any existing manuals with the KF Key Codes to have keys cut from the vin?  I purchased two cars and I don't have keys for them and I cannot get into the trunks.  Does anyone have any suggestions for getting into the trunks.  The contents of the vehicle trunks is unknown.  I know they are full of stuff but do not know what.  I just hope it is not something dreadful.  Thank you for your suggestions. Kenn "Standing on a Corner of Arizona History"  Arizona Statehood Centennial 1912-2012.
Family of 1952 Kaiser Manhattan 1952 Kaiser Deluxe 1949 Kaiser Traveler 1961 Falcon Ranchero 1963 Galaxie 500 XL Conv. 1964 Cadillac Sovereign Landaulet combination ambulance hearse , 1970 Ford Truck F100 1972 Chevelle SS Conv.  1979 Chevrolet C100 KF Member # 10252

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Key Codes
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 05:56:48 AM »
Just remove the back seat, then from there you can get into the trunk. With some jiggling of the lock, you should be able to open the trunk lid. Key code lists exist, however, they are not tied back to car serial numbers. Any good locksmith should be able to make a key from your tumbler.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 09:04:56 AM »
The other thing you can do, and someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the glove compartment lock matches the trunk lock. I know it did on the '48 Frazer I had. I just removed the lock from the glove compartment door (actually I think I took the whole door) to a locksmith and had a key made for that. Then I used it on the trunk and it worked. It was easier than trying to get a locked trunk latch off.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:45:42 PM »
Yes glove box and trunk keys were cut the same, as was the door and ignition. When i had the keys re manufactured one thing became apparent the GROUVS ARE CUT EXACTLY THE SAME  SO YOU CAN HAVE THEM CUT ANY WAY YOU WANT