Author Topic: Bolts and screws  (Read 1930 times)

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
Bolts and screws
« on: March 03, 2012, 04:30:06 PM »
I'm missing alot of bolts and screws thanks to the body shop going out of business and losing alot of my stuff. Do any of the parts vendors have that stuff or where else can I get them? Right now I'm most needing the screws/bolts to mount the dash, inner window trim pieces and the chrome pieces on the front of the car.

Thanks,
Kory

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bolts and screws
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 06:43:54 PM »
The parts book usually lists all the bolts by type and thread size etc. pnw_oldmags has posted all the parts books online. Jim, I can't find the link to '47/'48 parts book, can you post it for Kory?
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 06:49:23 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 07:36:43 PM »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2012, 07:49:53 PM »
I actually think I have a copy of that catalog somewhere, but where can I get the bolts and screws from?

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2012, 09:41:49 PM »
If you get the specs for the bolts and screw from the parts list, many of them can be purchased from you local Ace Hardware. Not all but quite a few. Otherwise, check with parts vendors in the KFOC Bulletin.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

dpledger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2012, 10:19:59 PM »
A number of the hardware chains stock a lot of this sort of thing-I have been able to find a high percentage of the fasteners for my '53 at the local Do it Best. One item I did see was the screws that hold the inner window moldings on, for a fraction of what places like resto supplies asks. Actually, resto has a lot of things too-worth getting their catalog.

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2012, 07:08:15 AM »
O.K. I found my copy of that book but I'm really confused on trying to figure out what bolts and screws I need.

Kory

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 11:25:05 AM »
Can anyone help me understand how to figure out what screws I need for mount the dash in the car? I have a hard copy of the parts list book, but I'm missing something aparently because I don't see anywhere in there where it tells you what screws to use.

Kory

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
In the Instruments section of the parts book (above), page 174 details a few of the fasteners needed. Take a look at section 19.100 and in it are described the size and type of fastener, along with the quantity needed. Any hardware store with knowledgeable staff will know what you want...just take the parts book with you and point out what's needed. The descriptions are standard nomenclature.