Author Topic: First Kaiser Frazer ad?  (Read 1189 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
First Kaiser Frazer ad?
« on: May 09, 2013, 06:33:57 PM »
I recently obtained a 16" by 23" full page newspaper ad from the New York Herald Tribune dated January 20, 1946 announcing the showing of the new Kaiser and Frazer cars at the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City.  I don't know of any earlier ads by K-F that show the cars although there were certainly articles about the company in a few magazines and newspapers.  Also Graham Paige hinted at new car production in their ads as early as 1943 and K-F had ads as early as Oct. 1945 but the first magazine ad I have seen that illustrates the cars was in February 1946.  Were there any earlier advertisements that illustrated the new cars?
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: First Kaiser Frazer ad?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2013, 09:07:45 PM »
It would be neat to see a picture of that ad.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2013, 06:23:26 AM »
The ad in question also ran in various national magazines such as SATURDAY EVENING POST  (that's where my copy comes from).  It is an announcement showing no cars, but does show the Kaiser and Frazer crests. Based on lead times, this ad would have been created in November of 1945 and went to the magazines somewhere around the middle of that month.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 09:19:39 AM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2013, 01:13:05 PM »
Jacks' ad was published with three different variations in at least five different magazines.  The first one said that the cars would be announced "next month" Time and Newsweek, the next "this month"  Saturday Evening Post, and finally "this week", New Yorker magazine.  The newspaper ad is a completely different ad illustrating the cars and announcing the cars "today (Sunday) and Monday and Tuesday"  Unfortunately it is too large to reproduce here but I intend to get it framed as I doubt that many of these early ads survived.  This was the first public showing of the new cars and the ad was meant for the public in the New York City area.  I was very young at that time but very interested in cars and rode my bicycle to the showing of the new Tucker and three wheeled Davis car in my then home town of Long Beach CA. in 1948.   I wonder if any of us remember that New York Showing of the then new Kaiser and Frazer.  It would have been great to see the front wheel drive Kaiser and the new Frazers' with painted grills and unique trim parts that were on the prototypes.  If you ever get to see a Tucker car you will notice that the outside door handles are from a Kaiser or Frazer and the steering wheels were from 1941 Lincolns.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 07:44:10 PM by gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom