Author Topic: HOA meet in April  (Read 3345 times)

hoss

• View Profile
    • Madman Motorsports
HOA meet in April
« on: February 10, 2009, 08:18:26 AM »
I was just wondering if anyone here is going to make the HOA meet in Council Bluffs IA in April.

I will be there all 3 days if everything goes as planned.

Chris

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: HOA meet in April
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2009, 06:09:04 PM »
I do not understand what makes the Heart of America group tick.  I joined their group two years ago when I was starting to move my stuff to MO and received one newsletter in all that time.  I contacted the president and he said that they did not have newsletters as no one wanted to volunteer to do them.  I do not understand how they continue to have meets without contacting the members or having a newsletter.  I wanted to pay the dues again but not if it is for another year of never hearing from anyone.  Do any of you belong to that group?
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 11:48:59 PM »
I am in Texas, so I do not know if HOA is my geographical area or not, but how do you go about joining one of the chapters?  I would be interested to do it if anyone knows who the contact is for Texas.

Thanks,
Cory

hoss

• View Profile
    • Madman Motorsports
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 10:28:05 AM »
Well Gordie, I am not sure about those issues as I am a new member. Joined KFOCI last month.

I got the information from the KFOCI monthly newsletter and was just wondering if anyone was going tobe able to attend the meet.

Cory, I will look tonight to see who the contact is for Texas and let you know.

Chris

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2009, 12:42:07 PM »
I have attended several HOA meets in the last few years, even though I'm in NCO.  The meets are always listed in the national bulletin with all the info needed.  It's a great bunch of folks.  Although I'm originally from Omaha, I don't think I'll make the Council Bluffs meet in April.  Last year we had snow in the Twin Cities the last week of April!  Of course, in 2004 we had 80 degree days all through April and May so you never know.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2009, 01:30:22 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2009, 05:01:57 PM »
Texas is part of the South Central Region of the club along with Louisiana, Oklahoma and Arkansas. The Region has one meet a year, usually in the fall, and will host the National in 2010 (The 1992 National was hosted also in Texas.) The Manager of the Region usually contacts new members (if the National notifies him) to welcome them. The current Manager for SCT is Tom Stradt and he can be reached by email by sending to willys at consolidated.net

Robby Markman is organizing the 2010 meet and he can be reached by email at rmarkman674 at hotmail.com

Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2009, 11:25:56 PM »
Thanks, I'll definitely be going to the national next year.