Author Topic: Battery cable  (Read 3186 times)

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Battery cable
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:01:05 AM »
I'm looking for the type of battery cable that has a right angle connector at the battery end.  Typically for the starter on Henry J's, if not others.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Battery cable
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »
The negative cable (the one that goes from the battery to the starter as all KF products were originally positive ground) is a 1 gauge with an offset head.  You can have one made at http://www.antiqueautobattery.com/ . The direct page is http://www.antiqueautobattery.com/prod011.htm
They've done a number of them for me.  You can even get the correct battery (a Willard) for the car from there if you'd like.  Best of luck.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 11:09:51 PM »
The previous owner of my car ('53 Dragon) put modern type cables on and I would like to return them to original.  I understand about the one guage negative cable to the starter.  What about the positive / ground cable?  From pictures I've seen it looks like a flat, uncovered strap.  Where does it connect to?  On my car right now they have a regular cable connecting from the positive terminal to the side of the engine block where the oil filter clamp is bolted on.  Can someone tell me where this is supposed to hook, or what length it is?

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
Hi Logan, yes, the grounded positive cable is an uninsulated, woven cable about 24" long. I believe Larry Barker, known as "The Kaiser Store" has them. Larry Barker #3957, Peoria AZ, 623-486-1403 or 602-373-1456, thekaiserstore@gmail.com  I got a couple from him a few years back as www.antiqueautobattery.com will not make that type.  If I remember correctly, and perhaps Weas may remember, it bolts on through a hole in the front engine plate, near the motor mount.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 05:55:39 PM »
Thanks a lot for the help!