Author Topic: My Kaiser in a magazine  (Read 2481 times)

47trev

• View Profile
    • Email
My Kaiser in a magazine
« on: February 07, 2009, 10:12:55 PM »
I picked up the new ol skool rodz issue 33 may 2009 today and while flipping through the pages i relized there are two pictures of my car in it page 32 and 33 is the tech page there are a couple of small pictures of the back of my 47 kaiser. I asked a question about putting air bags on my car and it made it in the magazine.
My user name is KaiserKruiser on that forum and thats the name in the magazine.

stacks

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Kaiser in a magazine
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 03:56:44 PM »
My daily-driver Kaiser showed up in a couple of pics on the H.A.M.B. site, at this address - http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170087&highlight=anti+donut&page=131.

I  have since lowered the front a couple of inches by cutting a round and 1/8th out of the coils.  It has 2" blocks on the rear springs, and sits perfectly level now.

I sure get a lot of attention driving this car around Huntington Beach, CA - the land of beautiful cars.  Each Saturday morning I take it to the Donut Derelicts get together and proudly answer the many questions I get about it. 

I still need to fix a leak around the oil pan, and would like to know if the pan can be removed and replaced while the engine is in the car?  The book only says that you need to raise the engine to have access to a couple of pan bolts, but it looks like I can reach them all without doing that.

Jack

47trev

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 09:02:07 PM »
i took my oil pan off in the car but i had to take the steering apart to do it.

47trev

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 09:05:17 PM »
here is a link to the internet post that they posted in their magazine
http://forum.olskoolrodz.com/showthread.php?t=46783