Author Topic: parts interchange book  (Read 3999 times)

carcollectorjack

• View Profile
    • Email
parts interchange book
« on: July 05, 2012, 03:58:49 PM »
A while back I saw advertised in the bulletin a parts interchange book that  showed newer, "over the counter" parts that can be bought for verious KF cars such as shocks, brakes, etc. Does anyone know who in the club has those available?

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: parts interchange book
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2012, 04:23:52 PM »
Check yhour KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN under items for sale.  The person in CA who put together the latest version of the NAPA based cross-reference usually advertises there.

Back In the 1990's I did a Cross-Reference book that crossed K-F part numbers to Willys Motors Numbers as well as info from older TBA books (Tire-Battery-Accessory).  I have found a couple of them in the course of packing for the move and have started an interchange section (oil filters only at this point) for Version 5.0 of KFOCI HANDBOOK.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2012, 01:19:36 PM »
Years and years ago, Agg Arrizabala compiled a cross reference to NAPA parts numbers since he was a NAPA dealer. Does anyone still have a copy of this somewhere? Jack could incorporate this into the handbook as well.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2012, 11:31:07 AM »
Dusty here on Our Forum has the NAPA interchange book. You might send Him a PM ?

http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=4100   
« Last Edit: July 07, 2012, 11:34:58 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 07:25:22 PM »
some years ago Alan Thomas and I set out to gather as many sources of Henry J part numbers as possible. Most of this may not be current ,but I have found it useful.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2012, 07:27:46 PM »
And this one.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2012, 09:45:02 PM »
Jim B, I've used that list as recently as today. Some of it is out of date now but I've found it invaluable on many occaissions. I appreciate it.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2012, 09:22:52 AM »
The multiple use items (also works in Ford, Chrysler Corporation products, Oldsmobile, etc) will probably be around for some time but as stocks get exhausted on the more "unique to K-F" stuff the lack of demand will most likely prevent continued manufacture.   

This is a hazard that all cars run into over the course of time & why it is worthwile to hold on to older interchange manuals and cross-reference information.  You can be armed with good information when you hit the larger swap meets in your area/region and buy up spares to hold on to.  If you ever sell the car they are used on, see that they are passed on with the vehicle.   

The interchange book I did in the 1990's contains a lot of info from information put out in the late 1950's early 1960's and has been useful for me (including landing 12 P70-FF oil filters from Shell and Conoco which did not have an application list on the boxes). 

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2012, 01:55:23 PM »
PARTS LIST.  i WORKED WITH AG ARRIZABELA SOME YEARS AGO  and used his typewritten p/l with his best wishes to put together a napa interchange list and the El dorado region sold it to club members. since then NAPA has a complete part numbering system in place and DISCONTINUES listing parts that are 10-13 years out of production in their computers. I have a dealers account with NAPA and try to keep all the numbers up to date, but with all the on going mergers and acquisitions by NAPA there has become many parts that have the same number but have numerous descriptions.  then there are all the foreign cars that have numbers the same . when i am researching so many parts i have to look at the picture and the where used information. the parts lists that are over 5 years old are only a guide when working with a young counter person that wasn't even born when you retired. then there are many sources listed that will prove invaluable when your stumped as to where, how and how soon can i get the part i need. Richard #3719