Author Topic: Hardcover Floyd Clymer 1947 Kaiser report  (Read 1353 times)

j762538

• View Profile
    • Email
Hardcover Floyd Clymer 1947 Kaiser report
« on: August 19, 2012, 10:22:09 AM »
I have the hardcover book version of the 1947 report Floyd Clymer wrote about the Kaiser he bought in Willow Run and drove back to Los Angeles, talking to other Kaiser owners on the way. It includes lots of great photos, specifications, gas milage reports and a 3000 person response survey he sent out. Please let me know if you are interested in buying. I am looking for $30.
51 Kaiser Deluxe Traveler 2 door
54 Kaiser Early Special 4 door

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hardcover Floyd Clymer 1947 Kaiser report
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 10:37:53 AM »
Is the complete Floyd Clymer "Independent Test Report and Investigation of Kaiser-Frazer Cars, Deluxe Edition" available anywhere on either this forum or on the CircleKF website?  If so, please provide the info so we can view it.
Thanks, and have a wonderful Fourth of July Weekend. (PS  A British friend told me this week that they refer to this date as "treason day").

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 01:19:45 PM »
It is available at CIRCLEKF.COM.
In the PUBLICITY DEPT, ROAD TEST
http://circlekf.com/sourceslide.php?pub=KF&typ=RT&nbr=470621b&pag=1
It is the same as the soft cover inside.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 09:38:24 PM »
This book comes with a newspaper style or with a cardboard cover or the Special Deluxe version with hard cover.  It is an interesting book with lots of information.  The early printing has a picture of Earl Muntz as a K-F distributor but later printings removed any mention of him.  The pictures of the car that Floyd Clymer purchased shows that he did not get the extra front bumper guards that came with the later assembled Kaisers.  All of the photos of the front of the car have the original wide spaced bumper guards but only holes in the bumper where the inner bumper guards were to be placed.  I wonder if the dealer removed them from Mr. Clymers car before delivery hoping that he would not know the difference?  The cars made before 1/1/47 had only two front bumper guards but Mr Clymer bought his '47 Kaiser on 6/23/47  long after four bumper guards were standard equipment on the cars.  Car dealers were often full of tricks like that.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom