Author Topic: Need: rearend parts source  (Read 1920 times)

kdar353

• View Profile
Need: rearend parts source
« on: August 07, 2012, 07:21:45 PM »
Well got #353 ready to show and no go!!! Rearend is in need of repair. What are sources for parts?
Thanks in advance.
Bill #353

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Need: rearend parts source
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2012, 05:59:10 AM »
I would think that a good rear end shop should be able to get what you need.
That's their business;  they are the experts.
I had mine rebuilt locally with no problems.

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
I had 3 Kaiser's with bad carriers and was told they couldn't weld the hole and redrill it as it would gall even with grease in the housing , the unit had been run with low or no fluid. or with  miss matched tires on that axel . what they suggested was drill the hole round sleeve or bush  the PIN with a hardened steel  bushing welded in place on the pin. so that the pin still moved in the housing. that 52 is still on the road for the last 3 years. well see.

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 06:03:14 AM »
I have been told from a few sources that a middle 60s Maverick rear end will bolt right up to my 1951 Henry J. It measures right up with the backing plates. I have not made the switch yet as I have had some health issues. It has to be a rear end from a v/8 so the bolt pattern matches, it is a Ford 8" rear end and you may have to change the gear ratio but that is easy on a Ford 8". If you are going with totally stock then this won't be of any help.
I have a 4/10 rear end in my J, no o/d so at 55 mph my J is wound out pretty tight so I'm changing it out to make it more road worthy and easier on the engine at 60 or 65 mph.
Don#1913
1951 Henry J Deluxe

kdar353

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 04:23:03 PM »
Thanks don,
I got mine fixwd and it wasn't as bad as first thought. Bearings work real well.
Bill #353