Author Topic: 1954 Manhattan  (Read 2747 times)

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
1954 Manhattan
« on: September 14, 2012, 03:27:23 PM »
I've decided to sell my 54 Manhattan It was a barn find from Washington state.  I have had the car for almost three years. It has 56,000 mi which I believe is real...but can't verify that.It is about 90-95% rust free, having been painted once in its life and still has a presentable original interior. Everything on the car works,including the clock, except the radio  I have converted it to a 6v alternator  but have everything to put it back to stock. I did a valve job replacing one valve. It has all new gaskets including front and rear main seals. New Belts, radial tires ,wheel cylinders,battery. Also new replacement rear tail light spears.To be a show car it needs paint and interior, but very useable as is. The spare parts to go with it are:the wide whites that were on it when I got it...rebuilt distributor mallory dual point dist,wiper motor,rear bumper center,widow shade side stainless,left lower tail light lense,wide lower stainless to replace some that is dented,kaiser manhattan scripts that are missing, a couple of repairable speedos, right vent glass,and the front bumper guards that need rechrome .I'm sure there are a few more things. I will probably put in next months newsletter .  What would you say is a fair price for this ? Car runs very well.I'd like to see it go to a club member.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 11:31:36 PM by Barnum »
1968 Buick Skylark Convertible
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1954 Manhattan
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 08:31:55 AM »
Here is one more pic. Will add interior as soon as I get a good day to take pics
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman

joefrazer

• View Profile

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 10:38:29 AM »
It's nice that he was honest and described the paint as a "20 footer" because those photos show a beautiful car, with flaws.

The west coast car, especially being a forum members car, would still be my choice. That last exterior shot is really nice.   I wish we could all tap into our retirement savings or saved source of funds and buy these cars up!  They are great bargains.
No old cars owned.

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 10:54:26 PM »
Thanks roadmaster...it really is a great car, as unmolested as they come...and I drive it regularly .I am only offering it at this price to the club. Like all of us I have more cars than I have space for. I have neglected my Willys Aero since I got the Kaiser. Will be adding more pics as soon as it stops raining here.
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2012, 07:39:15 PM »
The blue/white combo is my favorite as I have one, but for those who like a different color, check out this 54 in SC.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/ctd/3293193701.html

Barnum

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 11:36:56 AM »
Looks like a well done conversion...and has A/C. I guess the question is...if you have to ask....it may be pricey. While I do like the Blue better....nice looking car
1954 Aero Eagle
Taylor Brugman