Author Topic: 1947 Fraiser Manhatan  (Read 1134 times)

Dino

• Gotta love your old car.
    • View Profile
1947 Fraiser Manhatan
« on: January 25, 2013, 10:01:10 PM »
Spring is coming and I need for someone that has information about where I can buy Tires, and if I can buy them at any Tire store. Also the car runs very nice but needs drivers side floor reair not sure where to get floor parts or can I just weld a piece of steel in where its bad. Not hole floor. Please Help.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1947 Fraiser Manhatan
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2013, 08:38:36 AM »
Frazer Manhattans used a 7.10 x 15 sized tire; the original type used on the production line were tube type tires.  Previously, Goodyear tire stores were franchised for their line of vintage motor vehicle tires (and Goodyear was the main supplier to K-F for tires).  The basic tires were blackwalls (the Goodyear is a whitewall) with whitewalls as an option.  Note that current Goodyear production whitewall width is not the same as offered by the company back in 1947.   If the Goodyear store in your area (and I am talking a factory store) can no longer offer the line, you will have to order through Universal, Coker, or some other vintage tire company listed in an old car magazine like HEMMINGS or OLD CARS WEEKLY.  They have catalogs available and list various brands for this type of application.

Be advised that your wheels may not be compatable with the older type bias-ply tires, especially if radials are currently on your car.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1947 Fraiser Manhatan
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, 11:54:43 PM »
Lucas Tire Co. in Long Beach CA has the correct Goodyear whitewalls for your car and they have a 4 1/4" wide whitewall.  1947 Manhattan's were the first Frazer to be equipped with whitewalls after WWII as whitewalls were not available until March of 1947, the same month that the Manhattan was introduced.  eBay has a supplier of K-F floor pans that has an auction for either side running every week.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom