Author Topic: HEADLINER FOR 52 HJ  (Read 1892 times)

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
HEADLINER FOR 52 HJ
« on: March 10, 2013, 11:33:06 PM »
I NEED A HEADLINER FOR A 52 . IT IS DARK GREEN VINEL . CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME SOURCES WHERE I CAN ACQUIRE A QUALITY PRODUCT?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP .

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: HEADLINER FOR 52 HJ
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2013, 09:49:09 AM »
I purchased a Green Vinyl 51 Henry J Headliner from SMS. It is a 5 bow design, but they do have the pattern for a 6 bow design. They match my original fabric I sent them. I also had them send me 2 yards of the fabric so I can do inner A - Post. When they did my headliner I had them recover my insode sunvisors as well.

I can send you a small piece of my green vinyl. If it matches what you want I would let you use my name and date of purchase so they can pull up the dyeing info.
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2013, 09:00:24 PM »
THAT WOULD BE GREAT . DID YOU SEND YOUR VISORS TO THEM ? MY VISORS ARE IN GREAT SHAPE , SO IF THEY CAN MATCH THE VINYL I WOULDN'T NEED THEM DONE OVER . COULD YOU GIVE ME AN IDEA OF PRICE AND TIME FRAME ? DID IT COME OUT WELL ? DID YOU HAVE ANY TROUBLE INSTALLING IT AND IF SO WHAT DO I NEED TO LOOK OUT FOR ? DID THEY HAVE THE WINDLACE AND OUTER TRIM OF THE WINDLACE ?
  i KNOW I'M ASKING A LOT OF QUESTIONS BUT DIDN'T EXPECT TO HAVE TO REPLACE THE LINER AT THIS TIME AND IT SORT OF TOOK ME BY SURPRISE . I WAS TAKING OUT THE GLASS FOR NEW RUBBER GASKETS AND WHEN I GOT TO THE REAR GLASS , I FOUND OUT HOW BRITTLE THE LINER WAS . MY HAND WENT THRU IT .

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
I FORGOT ABOUT THE TACK STRIP . ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE TO GET IT ?

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 06:09:08 PM »
AZ HJ . I recieved the sample from SMS and the head liner material looks great but the windlace was a brown color . Was yours a brown color ? My windlace was faded and i can't tell . Also there was a black outer material that tacked to the windlace . They did not send a match for it . Any thoughts ? Also i need info on the tack strip and where to find it .

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 09:32:01 AM »
I did not order any windlace or tack strips from SMS, so I will not be able to help you there. My HJ is an all vinyl Dragon Green. The windlace and tack strips were the Dragon Green vinyl. I will be looking for a source to take some of my material and make windlace and tackstrips.
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2013, 06:36:54 AM »
Thank you . If you find more info please let me know . Will be leaving on a trip on Saturday and will be gone for two weeks but will try to check the forum. The last leg will be the meet in Kentucky . MAybe i can get some info there .