Author Topic: Haven's Kaiser frazer dealer?  (Read 912 times)

Evan Crowell

• View Profile
    • Email
Haven's Kaiser frazer dealer?
« on: April 23, 2013, 10:41:24 PM »
I was looking at my keys for my '48 and I noticed on the back of one it said "Haven's" i'm not sure if this was a key company or maybe the KF dealer that the car was bought from. I would like to know if anyone can tell me a bit about this. I was told that the car was probably bought in California if that helps. Thanks!
"Problems are just opportunities in work clothes"
        -Henry J Kaiser
1948 Kaiser Special

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Haven's Kaiser frazer dealer?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2013, 06:33:16 AM »
Havens may be the company that made the key blank or the locksmith who made the key.  We had a Havens and a Youngs in the Milwaukee area during the 1970's-80's that had blanks with the store names on them.

There is no current reference to a "Havens" relative to a K-F dealership, but my list of almost 6,800 entries is not represented as complete.

To answer the question before it's asked, Each entry reflects a different franchise.  New franchises were issued when a dealership's name changed so it was in the factory records, as well as address changes for the same reason.  Also, remember that over the years, many cities had different K-F dealers in town (one closed a totally different one under different owner ship opened up.).  It's estimated that somewhere between 10,000 and 13,500 franchises were issued over the years, and at least 4,000 Willys franchises were issued between 1945 and 1957; typically 600 or so Willys dealers were also K-F stores at any given time.

Evan Crowell

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Haven's Kaiser frazer dealer?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 02:14:53 PM »
Okay thanks alot!
"Problems are just opportunities in work clothes"
        -Henry J Kaiser
1948 Kaiser Special