Author Topic: Still lookig  (Read 1156 times)

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Still lookig
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:26:49 PM »
Remember this J that sold for $3,800 at Hershey a few months ago? I traced it to Lakeland Fla. at a dealer. He spoke of it in glowing terms, asked $8,900 for it. He said the brakes were frozen up and he would call me when ready. I went over today it was about 100 miles each way and it was apparent why it sold for $3,800 at Hershey. It was a disaster. I would not take it if he paid me $3,800. Floorboards rusted out. Bad dark blue paint over old light blue paint, rust everywhere. The puzzle was it had new tires, good chrome and the seats had been well redone. Everything else was crusher bait. Why would anyone do that to a junker.
A real object lesson though. The photo looked good. Never, ever base your opinion on a car without seeing it. This car could wind up on ebay and sell for many times what it’s worth

Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Still lookig
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2013, 08:09:47 PM »
Thanks for the update / info on that car Jim. I was confused about it too. Since it appeared to be a twin to mine I was curious why it sold for so little. That's good know and yes, pictures can be very deceiving. As I recall the ad/auction only  had one picture. That's not enough to represent anything.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios