Author Topic: Canada car purchase  (Read 1212 times)

xkssfrank

• View Profile
    • Email
Canada car purchase
« on: May 14, 2013, 08:54:07 PM »
About a yr ago I bought a car in Canada and had it shipped in to Chicago, I called a broker and he took care of all the details, customs, shipping etc and it arrived with no problems, they are used to dealing with this kind of shipment.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Canada car purchase
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:18:55 AM »
Who did you use? I have interest in a car in Canada but before I pull the trigger, I'd like to know what it'll take to get it stateside.

xkssfrank

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2013, 09:46:28 PM »
Joe: I will look in my desk tomorrow and get you that info, I found the broker on the internet and just called him, there are a few offering this service, they know exactly what to do as they do it all the time, it is correct that if you go to Canada and pickup the car there are many papers you have to have at the border, better to hire someone who knows what they are doing rather than seller telling you that all you have to do is pick it up. I think I typed in "Canada/ US Broker" or something like that. Lots of people dont want to deal with it but its not that hard.

xkssfrank

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 10:02:45 PM »
Joe: the broker I used is called  Canada U.S. Auto shipping,  talked to a guy called Selwyn, had it shipped enclosed from Sherbrook, Qubec to Chicago, dont know the miles, duty was $930. shipping enclosed was about $2100, open would be less, customs is 4%, hope that helps