Author Topic: 1953 Willys Aero WAGON  (Read 5803 times)

51henryj

1953 Willys Aero WAGON
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:07:42 PM »
I would like you all to know in this forum.. How Bad I feel about this. IM JUST SICK... and Im not very Happy with UPS.. they Packaged this very poorly, and shipped this very Poorly.. with no regard for the Product..
I paid alot to get crappy service , out of there ignorance , no matter of who worked behind the counter.. they Carelessly Boxed a  Piece of American History .. and destroyed it..  Needless to say.. It was your piece of Car Collecting History also..

« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 06:57:01 PM by 51henryj »

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
I'm so sorry. I feel a little ill too.

It'll be ok. I'm sure it can be repaired. It will never be completely original again, but all is not lost.

Packaging is so important. I had a friend that worked at UPS, and a package is just a cardboard football meant to be wedged in any tight place it can fit to save space and money. They don't care what it is or how it was packaged.
KFOCI #9798

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
I pay extra to avoid having to use UPS!  They are terrible.  It does look like it can be repaired though.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

carsngolf

• View Profile
    • Email
I also think it can be repaired.  I sure hope it was insured for more than their basic $100.  I think the biggest reason FedEx has become more successful is UPS package handling.

I share in the pain you and the rest of us feel.

Jerry Weiland

54 Kaiser

• View Profile
Considering the condition some of my parcels have arrived in via UPS, complete with boot prints on the boxes, I'm convinced they handle their parcels "UPS". (Using Primarily Shoes)

montefrazer

• View Profile
    • Email
It's not just UPS. I do recieveing in a store. I get packages from UPS and FEDEX every day. Take the labels off the UPS and FEDEX boxes and you can't tell who delivered them. Squashed boxes, ripped boxes, retaped boxes, foot prints, etc, from both of them.

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
If you've ever done an egg drop back when you were in school, you know how to package items for shipping!  ;D
KFOCI #9798

51henryj

I wish it would of been different , and this wouldnt of happened....  I paid alot for packaging and shipping to be sure it would arrive safely.. it was insured .. Now the question will be .. if it should be restored, or left as is..
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 09:53:03 PM by 51henryj »

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
Hi all - Just a quick question. Was the box top damaged to match the damage on the model? I am a collector (of everything, it seems) and have purchased items that look to be very nice in detailed pictures and are received bent or broken but with no damage to the packaging. Upset sellers, perhaps.

Gary.

51henryj

Hello, Darrin..to your question..  UPS store in Ohio packaged this with great pride.. As requested to the seller by me thinking it would be safe..after all , its the only way UPS will insure a package above a capped amount to a business. if it was shipped to my house it would of been void.... the box you see is 3 boxes taped together and when it was removed off of the truck.. it was standing on end..the seller has No and Had no reason to be upset with the deal we had.. infact he has been more than helpful..  I paid $500.00 + for shipping ..I did not realize that they had Kids with no values working for them..  UPS is Responsible for all of this.. they have admitted that..

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
Shipping: Hal Naumann, current KFOCI VP, (He lives in Houston, TX) decided he wanted a brand new windshield for his 52 Manhattan. There was 1 last repro windshield available through the Club. He bought the windshield and that is when the horror began. The windshield was packaged (adequately) and turned over to a shipper. That shipper turned the package over another carrier that brought the package to Houston. This is where it gets stupid...there was 2 addtional shippers between where the windshield got to Houston and when it got to Hal. The windshield was broken and NONE of the the shippers wanted to take responsibility. It was insured so Hal was not out of any money, but it illustrates how worthless the shipping chain was.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

51henryj

I wont use them again..