Author Topic: KFOC Vice President  (Read 10033 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
KFOC Vice President
« on: July 08, 2013, 07:13:03 PM »
After almost forty years of enjoying this club I intend to give a little back and run for Vice President.  I'll try to keep the fun in the club and work with everyone to have a first class guidelines for authenticating our cars and help to preserve them the way that they came off of the assembly lines.  Jack Mueller and many of you are working on this now.  Wish me luck!  Gordie Chamberlin
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: KFOC Vice President
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 07:30:52 PM »
Good Luck.  I would vote for you if I could attend.  If mail in vote were allowed I would mail in a vote.  To bad the Charter Member wishes to allow Mail in Voting has been ignored.  :-\
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 08:35:50 PM »
You have my vote, GORDIE FOR VP!
Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
1958 Lido 14 Sailboat W/Trailer
1958 Carry All Trailer

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2013, 11:26:23 PM »
I was not aware that members are not allowed to vote if not present.  I also will miss the convention, but would wholeheartedly vote for Gordie.  Is there a mechanism within the club to enfranchise due-paying members who cannot attend conventions?

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 06:12:39 AM »
I was not aware that members are not allowed to vote if not present.  I also will miss the convention, but would wholeheartedly vote for Gordie.  Is there a mechanism within the club to enfranchise due-paying members who cannot attend conventions?

Submit a written proposal to change the Constitution. You have until 12/31/13 to send it to the President for discussion at the 2014 Convention.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Dragon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 08:22:08 AM »
I think mail in voting could be great.  But, we never know the candidates until the convention.  I can remember a couple times it was minutes before the meeting before we had a candidate talked into Treasurer.
KFOCI since 1968
1954 Kaiser Manhattan
1953 Dragon
1951 Dragon
1951 Business Coupe
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1936 International Tow Truck

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 08:32:21 AM »
Mail in voting was proposed in 2001 and it was struck down by the charter members. I think it has been brought up on other occasions too.

Had it been accepted/adopted, then Gordie, you would have my vote for sure.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 02:56:16 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 10:18:24 AM »
What a silly way to vote in leadership.  Ballots need to go out to the MEMBERS.   Only a portion can make it to any National meet. I ran for a seat on the Buick Club's (BCA) BOD this last time and I did not get elected, which is OK, BUT we had 7 candidates from all over the country. The BCA has a top flight monthly magazine so we all got a photo and a 3-7 paragraph write up.   ALL members could read the bios and decide. 

KFOCI needs to benchmark to what other successful clubs are doing.  IN my opinion, which is what a forum is all about.  That being said, I generally liked the club's format of newsletters and events. Fun club. 
No old cars owned.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 10:23:24 AM »
Here is page 5 from the second KFOC Quarterly.  In the 1960 Convention Report is says "We are sending out "Ballots" sheets for each person to vote."
http://circlekf.com/kflit/kfqtrlypageresults.php?pub=KC&typ=QM&nbr=002&seq=001&pag=005&Submit=Search
Not a new idea
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 10:25:39 AM by pnw_oldmags »
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 01:39:47 PM »
Good Luck Gordie

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 03:12:44 PM »
Yes, ballots were sent for members to complete and bring to the national meet where they would be counted. Even then, no mail in ballots!

As you may know, I am running for the office of President of the KFOCI. I stated my intent in the July bulletin. As a two term former Midwest Director, the host of a very successful Midwest Meet where we had over 60 cars and 200 people, and a two term Vice President, I feel it's time I step up to the plate and take the club into the 21st century. I think it's time we revisit the voting procedures within the club. With this forum and it's ability to reach people, the advantage of email, and the ability to snail mail certain items at a reasonable cost, I see no reason why we cannot , at the very least, "advertise" to our members those folks interested in an office within the club and do so well enough in advance that everyone gets a chance to become familiar with the candidates.

There, now that I've stumped a bit, I'll step aside and invite your thoughts.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
Our Vice President Jim Lape has done a fine job for the club for many years and I am certainly looking forward to his presidency.  I think that with some new blood in the club and with all of us having similar goals I am sure that we can make good things happen.  A big reason for having the board of directors select the new officers is that many times the members do not know anything about the candidates and the board members know who are the best workers and perhaps best qualified but they also can control what is happening and keep any changes from occurring within the club.  There aren't many original members left and those remaining have worked hard to make the club what it is today and most want to see continuing success.  It is a wonderful club and it doesn't need major changes but maybe just a little tweaking here and there.  Good luck Jim and I am looking forward to seeing everyone in Shipshewana.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2013, 07:53:04 PM »
This is great news! You have our support, Gordie.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Hollenway

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2013, 06:51:09 AM »
I've known both Jim and Gordie for many years.  They are good fellows who have MUCH to offer the club.   I think their leadership would be welcomed by all club members who care about the future of this organization.   We need to not only unite our members - we must work hard toward expanding the club.  The orphan cars need all the help they can get - I would hope we will consider co-sponsored meets for the lesser known makes.  The more publicity we give our favorite cars the more folks will realize what a significant part of automotive history K/F and other orphan makes played.   

I heartily endorse these two gentlemen for our President and Vice President offices !!!

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2013, 08:01:28 AM »
I second that!
Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe