Author Topic: Searching for a 4WD Henry J  (Read 682 times)

searching4WDHenry

• View Profile
    • Email
Searching for a 4WD Henry J
« on: July 22, 2013, 09:51:09 AM »
Good morning all;

I am looking for help in locating a Henry J. I am new to this forum. I have been looking for this Henry for the past ten years with no luck. Hoping that you all could assist me in my search.

When I was in my late teens, I belonged to a 4WD club in Fort Collins CO. The founding member built a 4WD Henry J. When we went 4-wheeling people would come up to him and state: "I never knew they built a 4WD Henry J". Well, they did not. But Bill Vos did! And it looked factory. The Henry was placed on an early Jeep Wagoneer frame and running gear. Bill placed a big-block Buick 401, turbo 400 transmission and Jeep t-case (not sure if he ran the Dana 300 or a Quadra-trac unit).

Bill has passed away 15 years ago. His family sold the Henry to a gentleman living in Wellington CO. I have spent hours and hours trying to track this person down and recently heard this person moved to Florida or sold the vehicle to someone that moved to Florida.

Has anyone heard of this Henry J? I only have one picture of it. I am hoping that someone out there can assist me in finding this beast. I want to purchase it and put it back to the condition Bill had it in before he passed away.

That is all the "clues" I can give you.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.