Author Topic: wiper vacuum routing ?  (Read 1797 times)

brian.b

• View Profile
    • Email
wiper vacuum routing ?
« on: October 12, 2013, 01:40:25 PM »
does any one have a diagram for the vacuum wiper hoses ,,and where can a man buy some wiper arms.
whatever you do in life,always give 100%.unless your're donating blood.

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: wiper vacuum routing ?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 02:00:44 PM »
I may have some extra arms. Mine came off of a 1949 Kaiser.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan

brian.b

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2013, 06:07:49 PM »
how much for them ,,,and can you send me a pic of them

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:25:01 AM »
The hose routing for your car has a couple of dependencies. If it's an early 47 with a vacuum tank, there will be a hose running from a port on the intake (under the carb) that runs to the vacuum tank to a valve that has a second hose running from it to the wiper motor's larger inlet.

If the car is a later model, then you'll have a two part fuel pump with the upper half managing the vacuum. A metal line will run from the left side of the pump to a point above the intake where it meets a rubber line that attaches to the wiper motor. Also, a metal line will run from the port on the intake to the right side of the pump to help the pump develop enough vacuum.

If your car has a single stage pump (no upper vacuum half) then you'll have a line running from the intake vacuum port to a rubber line that attaches to the wiper motor.

brian.b

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »
my car has the 2 stage fuel pump and it has a line from the intake ..but does any one have a picture of how they go..if im standing in front of the passenger side fender does the intake line go to the right beside the radiator and the pump line from the left side beside the back..

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2013, 04:30:05 PM »
Refer to my comment on the need for a wiring diagram.  See what I mean?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
If you are facing the fuel pump from the right side of the car, there should be two metal lines coming from the top of the fuel pump. The line to the right runs up to the fitting inserted into the intake manifold. The factory version was all metal and there is no rubber hose for this line.

The other metal line should come out of the left side of the pump and run straight back along side the block under the manifolds. At the rear of the engine, the line should turn and run vertically to a point an inch or so above the intake where a rubber line connects to it. The other end of that line runs to the intake (left) side of the wiper motor.

I'd post a picture but my Traveler is in storage and I forgot to snap a few pix when I was there today.