Author Topic: 47 Frazer parts needed  (Read 1621 times)

rascotttx

• View Profile
47 Frazer parts needed
« on: June 04, 2009, 09:43:41 PM »
Hi all!
My family is restoring a 1947 GP Frazer that we recently purchased.
We need a few(?) parts of course.  Some major things needed are the individual letters for FRAZER on the hood and the trunk lid, rear window glass, the lenses for the front parking lights, the lens on the trunk latch (license plate light).  Also, if anyone has information on interior parts that would be great.
The interior in our car is basically gone.  The seat springs are there, but the upholstery is completely shot.  Even if we could get patterns for things like the interior door panels that the upholstery is attached to.
This is our first foray in to restoring an old car, but we found this, and it still had all of the original mechanicals (engine, transmission, looks to even have an original exhaust system.
Any suggestions or help would be appreciated!
Also, can someone provide some info on the KF meet in PA?  Although I am not in PA, I have relatives that are, and may be able to get there to look for parts for us.
Bob

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 47 Frazer parts needed
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 10:37:51 PM »
Hello and congrats on choosing a rare GP Frazer to restore! A friend has one and I enjoy looking the car over when I visit. I may have the letters and the lenses you need. I may also have the trunk handle lens. Is your car equipped with a trunk handle that turns to open, or one with a 'trigger' handle? The lenses do differ. I also have a small swatch of seat material that you can use to help with the interior search. Any idea what color the interior was? What I have is a green/brown striped piece...that was the most common.

"Early" Kaisers and Frazers...as the 47-50 models are known, are fairly easy to restore as parts are available. Body parts, most NOS, can be found at reasonable prices. Interior bits can be tough to locate because the plastics used at the time didn't hold up, but some are being reproduced. I recommend that you join the Kaiser Frazer owners club and with a membership, a monthly newsletter that includes a classified section will be sent your way. There are several very reputable vendors who will have alot of what you will need to restore your car.

About the KF meet, it's June 29 thru July 3 in Matamoras PA. That's above Scranton, on the NY state line.

More about Kaiser-Frazer in general can be found here -> http://www.kaiserfrazercars.com

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 47 Frazer parts needed
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 12:43:47 AM »
Congratulations on your choice to restore one of the rare GP Frazers--truly, a worthy candidate for a restoration!  You will find this forum very helpful in terms of advice, etc.

Congratulations again and good luck.