Author Topic: 1948 Frazer Manhattan for Sale  (Read 1550 times)

Rchilds

• View Profile
    • Email
1948 Frazer Manhattan for Sale
« on: December 20, 2013, 02:27:20 PM »
Christmas Special!!  

I bought this car last year from the Saratoga Auto Museum in Saratoga Springs, NY.   Prior owner had donated it to the Museum and they sold it on EBay last November.   It has a nice two tone blue paint job, has a very nicely reupholstered interior, appears to have rechromed bumpers.   It is a really nice looking car, overall it presents very well, however would benefit from replacing the gaskets on the turn signal lamps and the rear quarter windows.   The radio buttons are also in bad shape.   Downside is the engine will need a rebuild, number 4 rod bearing is bad.  I did drive it from Saratoga Springs to Kitchener , ON last December before the trouble appeared, and it handled very well on the road, riding on a set of nice wide whitewall tires and showing 20 MPG for that trip.    I was told that the brake system had been gone through as well.   The prior owner was a former KFOC member, however this vehicle was not in the register. 
VIN F486005465 .   

Asking $4800, quite a bit less than I have in it, however current circumstances have me in need of the garage space.   
Rich Childs  734-576-0894   rchilds@cbwm.com

I am Plymouth , MI just 15 minutes from the Willow Run plant.   

More pictures available. 

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1948 Frazer Manhattan for Sale
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 08:07:03 PM »
That's a great color combination and the car is a true Manhattan to boot (F486xxx). We've seen several '48 standards which were doctored to look like Manhattans in recent years to see a real one is a welcome sight. I'm not in the market for one right now but my guess is that someone will be interested in yours. It's a nice looking example that's for sure.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1948 Frazer Manhattan for Sale
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 08:41:25 PM »
Your car is beautiful!  Were I not in the middle of rewoking a Kaiser I'd come for it.
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan