Author Topic: Early Assembly Line Question  (Read 872 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Early Assembly Line Question
« on: August 24, 2014, 08:40:32 AM »
After production of the Frazer moved to Willow Run, how was the manufacturing of the cars handled?  Did the factory mix the Kaisers and Frazers or did they do 500 Kaisers then run 150 Frazers through then back to Kaisers? 

Or was it totally random?  4 Kaisers, 2 F,  3 K, 1 F, 6 K, etc. ?
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Early Assembly Line Question
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2014, 09:20:06 AM »
Check KFOCI HANDBOOK.  Frazers were NEVER built anywhere but Willow Run with assembly of some 1951's at the Long Beach CA facility!  Graham-Paige moved into Willow Run with K-F in the fall of 1945.  Kaisers and Frazers were built on the same assembly lines & identified with routing information at the various stations.  Lincoln-Mercury plants ran Lincolns and Mercury automobiles in a similar way.

A cornerstone of the original 5 year lease on Willow Run was a cross-lease deal between G-P and the War Assets Administration (WAA) to lease the WAA the vacated Warren Avenue Graham-Paige facility for storage, display & sales of all the government-owned war surplus machinery, etc, from defense plants in the Detroit MI area.   The WAA occupied the facility in spring 1946, months after Graham left.

Where did you get such information on Frazers being built at the Warren Avenue complex?  Specifics please.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 09:25:31 AM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Early Assembly Line Question
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2014, 05:20:39 PM »
I didn't get that information from anywhere. I assumed since people referred to "Graham Paige" Frazers - that there was a quantity of them built at a site other then Willow Run.  Either way, the primary question was the inter-mixing of the 2 makes and how it was handled, and the question is merely for forum curiosity.  I am reading a Collectible Auto article dated October 1988 covering the 47-51 Frazers.
No old cars owned.