Author Topic: How do you post a picture????  (Read 1912 times)

Fabian 51K

• View Profile
    • Email
How do you post a picture????
« on: September 03, 2009, 03:19:28 PM »
I already read through the posts, used the insert image button and copied and pasted the URL from flicker get a big RED X in a box. Read another post did the same thing and left a space after the "/" all I get now is a copy of the URL between the brackets. Still no picture. What an I doing wrong? Explain it to me on kindergarten level because I can't figure it out? Anxiousely awaiting the: "How to post a picture for idiots" response from a more compuer literate member!

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
Re: How do you post a picture????
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 06:57:25 PM »
The way I do it is first post to photobucket or in your case, flickr which you've apparently done. Then find somewhere associated with that image a URL that includes the text  IMG  at the beginning and end of the URL. Cut and paste that URL into the text box (the one that you are using to type these messages) and not the attachment box at the additional options thing at the bottom of the page here.

Like this:
"IMG]http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee71/Kaiser51/1990%20KFOCI%20National%20Meet/Scan0511951FrazerConvertible.jpg[/IMG"

changing the " to [ and ] at the beginning and end of the line.
Finished product below:

1990 New Orleans KFOCI National Meet   1951 Frazer Convertible
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

Fabian 51K

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 12:54:23 AM »
Thanks Lester,

After fooling with it some more last night I read another post that said right click on picture in FLICKER to open properties and copy URL from the properties NOT the task bar, and paste in the image insert, works fine now.

This is what I figured out with help and readings of other members posts:

1) Write a Post
2 Click on insert image button dirrectly under italics button
3) Copy URL from properties of picture at FLICKER or other provider (Right click on picture to bring up properties)
4) Paste URL between IMG brackets:
5) Press Post button and view your post with picture

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 10:18:45 AM »
It's funny how complicated it gets to use a "easy" free image host. Everyone has trouble posting up images and using bulletin board codes, from time to time. I still manage to screw it up on occasion, an I've been posting to forums for years, with thousands of posts. The first forum I was on regularly was mostly for funny photoshops.

One thing I still do is HIT THE PREVIEW BUTTON BEFORE POSTING. That way you can see if you pics are coming out right, or if you have some obvious screw-ups in the text.

Fun stuff.  ;)
KFOCI #9798

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2009, 06:08:29 AM »
Its like html programing, but in a very small way.
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988