Author Topic: Supercharger tubing hook-up  (Read 1327 times)

54manhattan13

• View Profile
Supercharger tubing hook-up
« on: September 04, 2014, 02:51:40 PM »
Can any one advise me what gets linked to the 54 Manhattan supercharger via the small tubing coming off the top of the supercharger? What function does it serve? I have the supercharger manual, but I can't seem to find any reference to this.
Any help would be appreciated.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Supercharger tubing hook-up
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 04:17:22 PM »
The fuel pump on supercharged cars has a fitting that links to the line from the supercharger. The fuel pump on supercharged cars is unique to them, none of the other years/models used the same pump which was made by Carter.

Studebaker used a similar pump on their supercharged cars and it will fit a Kaiser, however it develops a slightly higher pressure.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2014, 09:45:52 PM by joefrazer »

54manhattan13

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 09:03:57 PM »
What is the function? Pressure or vacuum?

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2014, 09:30:28 PM »
The supercharger line provides pressure to the top of the fuel pump to an internal diaphram which increases pressure and fuel output to the carb.

I have a "core" SC fuel pump in the bulletin this month ($75 plus shipping).  As Joe says, they are unique to the 54/55 K's and not easy to find.  It will need rebuilt with a kit that's readily available.  I sent mine off to have this done a year or so ago.  They use the newer gaskets that are impervious to the ethanol gas out there nowadays.   ;)
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)