Poll

How Many Kaiser Frazer Or Willys Products Do You Own?

0 (0%)
1 (16.7%)
2 (33.3%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (16.7%)
more than 5
2 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: November 16, 2007, 04:50:31 PM

Author Topic: POLL: How Many Kaiser Frazer Or Willys Products Do You Own?  (Read 22235 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: POLL: How Many Kaiser Frazer Or Willys Products Do You Own?
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:55 PM »
Well, let's see. I've owned 69 vehicles over the years and there are a few in the bunch I wish I'd have kept. The hemi Road Runner, the Darrin, and the 1971 Riviera are just a few.

Today, the KF stable consists of:
- 1954 Henry J. It arrived in pieces and I'm currently reassembling a big puzzle.
- 1954 Kaiser Manhattan. My father was the first titled owner...the dealership, Raymond Lake KF here in Cleveland kept the car until 1964 and used it as a parts runner for their Buick garage. The car has gone thru four engines and has about 317K on the odometer.
- 1953 Kaiser Manhattan. It sports a very nice, original interior and a paint job that was applied in my driveway. And it shows...but I don't care because it's fun to drive...and it's a Kaiser!
- 1950 Kaiser Traveler. Originally a Texas car, the first owner used it to pull a 40ft mobile home between his winter home in Odessa and his summer place in Bakersfield, CA. The engine was so worn I could move the pistons around in their bores. After a well deserved rebuild, I'll drive it anywhere...and have!
- 1947 Kaiser Special parts car.

Just a few KFWs that got away:
- The aforementioned Darrin
- A 12K mile 1954 Late Special that didn't have one straight body panel. Abused by every kid in the neighborhood, I rescued it and used it as a parts car.
- The first Kaiser I ever purchased - a 1949 Kaiser Special. I paid all of $50 for it so that should tell you what I got. I'm one of the rare ones though, I resold it for a profit...I made ten bucks.
- 1954 Willys Aero Eagle Custom. I sold it because I didn't have the storage space and then a few months later, bought a nice big barn that came with a house. Live and learn...
- 1952 Kaiser Virginian Traveler. So rusty that you didn't need to open the door to get something from inside. I liberated the few usable parts and today, I'm sure it's a fleet of Toyotas.
- Not one, but three 1950s Willys station wagons. A friend ran a gas station years ago and used them in the service business. They were worn out so we parted them out and sent them off to become yet more Toyotas.

JoeKeys2010

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »
My 1949
1949 Kaiser Deluxe
1964 Ford Custom (Galaxie)
1960 Metropolitan

jasonrocksout

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2014, 12:02:33 PM »
Just one.  1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe.  Though we previously had a 1952 HJ Vagabond as well, but it was purchased (rather cheaply) for the engine only, it was extremely rough shape (decent body panels all around with only surface rust, but no floor pans left whatsoever, most wiring gone or chewed up, no interior bits to speak of, etc).  Had the 6-cylinder engine rebuilt and gave the "carcass" of the Vagabond to the fellow that rebuilt it as payment for the job, as he wanted an HJ to pro-street (surprise, surprise).