Author Topic: Wiest Motors, 511 So Greenleaf, Whittier CA  (Read 1660 times)

BigDave LM6174

• 1951 Kaiser Deluxe & 1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
    • MSN Messenger - dball344@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Wiest Motors, 511 So Greenleaf, Whittier CA
« on: October 12, 2014, 02:15:55 AM »
On the list of old dealerships is Wiest's Motors,  511 So Greenleaf Ave, Whittier, CA.  I am in the process of setting up the SoCal Region Christmas Party on Dec. 7 here in Whittier.  The building changed from Wiest's Motors K-F to Whittier Auto Body in 1955 per city business licensing.  It has been auto body business's since.  It is currently Greenleaf Auto Body.  Unfortunately, it does not have good reviews as a auto body shop. 
I made contact with the current business owner to see about a walk through to see the building, telling him the past history.   He has no interest in letting us walk through the building unless we have work for him, and besides, he is not Open on Sundays which is day of our party.
The building still has rear alley door.  The building has what was the front showroom area that fits about 6-7 cars.  The back off the alley is A single garage door.  Just inside the door is a service pit that you drive over.   I will go back by and get some more photos.  Here is a photo of the outside of the building.
Big Dave
KFOCI LM 6174
Whittier, CA.
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1952 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
1958 Lido 14 Sailboat W/Trailer
1958 Carry All Trailer