Author Topic: Plaster Cast Frazer  (Read 659 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
Plaster Cast Frazer
« on: January 01, 2015, 02:46:48 PM »
So, I attended an online auction today and in the mix was a large plaster cast 1947 Frazer. KF used plaster cast cars to display available as well as proposed color combinations. There are several pictures of them in the Last Onslaught and other publications.

The car at auction was "in white" meaning it was not painted a particular color. I do not know if it was an original from KF or a clone someone cast from an original. Either way, it brought well into three figures to own it...and not by me (I tried).

If the high bidder is a club member, I would think there would be a market for clones given the strong results from this example. Bidding started at all of $25.

Also in the same auction were several fairly common 1947 K and F press kits. All brought over $100 apiece, strong money in my opinion.

Let's hope this, and other good results I've seen lately for KF collectibles is signaling a trend towards folks becoming more interested in the cars as well!

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Plaster Cast Frazer
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 10:47:24 PM »
The seller did not specify the size of this model so I contacted him and he said that it was about 10 inches long and if you looked at the bottom of the model it was plaster and not clay as he described it.  The factory photos show the models to be about 18 inches long so I suspect that this was one of Miller's creations of about twenty years ago.  A nice model but I doubt that it was made by K-F stylists and I did not bid much on it.  I had bid on all of the items but only won two of them and they were very expensive.  It seemed to be only two of us bidding on most of the auctions.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom