Author Topic: John Parker cars  (Read 2770 times)

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
John Parker cars
« on: June 22, 2015, 11:57:30 AM »
When I bought my red 53 HJ in Mesa Arizona. The seller also had this one. He said it was June Parkers Car. I was familiar with John's white HJ , but not this one.

Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: John Parker cars
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 12:27:26 PM »
Wow!  What a precarious perch!  John had a white '53 and also a '48 Kaiser illustrated in the Last Onslaught on Detroit.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »
John's white '53 Henry J is now owned by Ken Payton of Tucson, AZ. I see him/it every time I visit there. Ken and Vicki have kept it in nice shape.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 01:18:29 PM »
Blast Away, John's 48k still exists and is owned by a club member. John made several modifications to it allowing him to drive the car across the US at breakneck speeds.

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 09:46:51 PM »
I have had communications from Billy Miller in Pineville (Alexandria) LA claiming he has the pink 55 Manhattan that given to Jayne Mansfield. I told him that I recalled it was owned by John Parker at one time. The info I got from my conversation was that it had been displayed in a car collection and then offered on eBay. It didn't sound like it had been very well maintained.
I always ask people if they have internet access and point out that they can visit kfclub.com or kfclub.org and ask for further information. They can find eBay or Craigs List, but they can't find their way here.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 05:58:02 AM »
There is also the matter of documentation vs. "that's what the guy told me when I bought it".

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 06:39:15 AM »
John advertised the car in the bulletin many years ago. When I inquired a while later I was told he removed anything of value and scrapped the rest because the city of Fullerton was ready to cite him for too many cars on the property.

Carpenter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 10:45:06 AM »
I do not claim to have the "pink" John Parker Kaiser.  He had it for sale and no one would buy it, so he parted it out.  He called me as he was doing this and asked if I was interested in parts.  I have talked with several members who bought those parts.  It was white with pink leather interior.  I recently talked with June, John's wife, to confirm some information that I had received.  She says the car was white with pink interior and was the car that Henry Kaiser gave to Jayne Mansfield.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2015, 08:33:24 PM »
Here is the only pic I have of that '55 Kaiser with the pink leather. It's behind the Willys at John's shop in Fullerton. The car was white but there was Copperdust Metallic paint on the roof under the white. The serial number plate was riveted on between the drivers door hinges. I do not know for sure if the car was actually Jayne Mansfield's car. The late Stew Whitsett of SoCal region, gone probably 30 years now, had an article about Jayne's Kaiser but never got me a copy. Her cars were pink - her color. Also HJK's color. The car may have been hers or his, no one knows for sure. I was convinced that the car was Jayne's but could never prove it. I had a friend in Hollywood, the late Sal Ponti, who was a good friend of Jayne's and vaguely remembered her cars but could not confirm the Kaiser. I tried to get someone to buy the car for months before John scrapped it. Among other things, he saved the power steering system.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2015, 08:34:35 PM »
Another anomaly about the alleged Mansfield car - it had Willys Aero hardtop armrests, covered in pink leather.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.