Author Topic: Elwood Dapp car  (Read 1247 times)

kaiserfan

• View Profile
    • Email
Elwood Dapp car
« on: August 16, 2015, 04:13:12 PM »
Hi all,
Does anyone know what happened to Elwood Dapps early special Kaiser from Pa.
                                                                            Thanks

ford35rod

• View Profile
Re: Elwood Dapp car
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2015, 12:54:42 PM »
I believe he had gotten rid of it a year or so before he died.  He was working on (and finished) a Chrysler when he passed away.  Not sure who he sold it to.

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 07:50:51 PM »
Elwood had a Henry J That I judged at the York National. I heard back that when he examined his judging sheet he exploded over the points lost on the door rubber. Then he recalled he never got around to putting the door rubber on after it got painted.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

Hollenway

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2015, 08:09:23 AM »
There was a parts wholesaler from near Milton, Pa. who cleaned out Elwood's shop after he passed.  I talked to this gentleman at Hershey a few years back and he had quite a few things for sale that were Elwood's.
I ended up buying the majority of the parts.   I had asked about the cars and he told me when he was called about the remaining stock - all of the cars were already gone.   Most of the items I bought were used - although there were a NOS set of fog lights for the early cars and two sets of trim rings.   The bulk of the goods were trim and hardware like door hinges, handles and small items most folks never remove from a parts car they are stripping it.   Elwood was a bit of a character - but he and his wife Glenda were really great folks who helped a lot of people over the years.   Elwood relined brake shoes for many folks as well as running an auto body shop.
He was someone who still used acrylic enamel with a hardener and then sanded the paint and buffed it.  His paint jobs looked to be a mile deep when he was finished !!!!!