Author Topic: 1950 Kaiser Virginian  (Read 3007 times)

Kstanley

• View Profile
    • Email
1950 Kaiser Virginian
« on: January 19, 2010, 05:36:08 PM »
I found a 1950 Kaiser Virginian in my dads "Barn" today. He passed away last year and I am inventorying his car collection. I was wondering if anyone might know what this might be worth. odometer and title show approximately 33,000 miles. Car is in good original shape. Has mainly corrosion on chrome, but chrome is otherwise on good shape. and Will need repainting, however panels are in good shape only surface rust. Have not looked under car yet, but would assume to be same as rest of car , no dents etc. It has original break in sticker on speedo. I will try to post pics. If anyone has any idea what this might be worth let me know..

Thanks,
Ken

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: 1950 Kaiser Virginian
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 06:08:48 PM »
A picture or two would help determine a ball park value. A restored example can be worth into the 20s but it would take most of that to make one right. A restorable and, from what I could see, rust free example sold last month in Arizona for $800, which is admittedly low. Most tend to fall into the $2000-5000 range for something that needs restored but is generally all there.
Where is the car located?

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 06:05:03 AM »
As all of us with K-F products know, prices on the cars (except for Darrins and the Kaiser and Frazer Convertibles of the 1949-50 period-also 51 Frazers) have always been volitle and it's even more so with the economy as it is.  In the case of Virginians, joefrazer makes a good point about the price of restoration.  What looks good on the outside may be frought with problems (for example, does it have crank type windows like early production cars or does it have the complex and labor intensive vacuum power windows?). 

Pictures are CRITICAL to figuring out what may be needed.  Additionally, location is also significant due to normal climates where stored. 

And what about the interior.  If leather and in need of replacement, it will be $$$$$

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 10:39:44 PM »
Kstanley,

I'm actually interested in purchasing a good '49-'50 Virginian.  If you do actively try to sell yours, please contact me with some photos and let me know a price. kentzschoche@yahoo.com

Thanks,

Kent
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian
'51 Frazer Manhattan convertible