Author Topic: Found this today.  (Read 11904 times)

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
Re: Found this today.
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2011, 11:47:31 AM »
...just to let you know, spoke today with the owner, he's selling no parts of the car, he wants it to keep it as it is firstly...

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2011, 11:53:24 AM »
...took some more photo's today, they will follow later on my website, also looked for a data plate on the drivers door side, couldn't find it...

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2011, 12:12:25 PM »
Thats okay too. If he wants to restore it, he should get in touch with other Dutch, Belgian and other local European members of the KFOCI (the fellow from Germany who is coming to Belgium for example), or simply join KFOCI. With membership, there is access to the Manufacturing Fund which has reproduced some hard to find parts, especially plastic knobs and rubber window gaskets, and floor mats I believe. Other club vendors can supply most other parts--even some unused chrome pieces are still to be found. Since the engine is a Continental, internal parts should be easy--The British company Massey Ferguson tractors used Continental engines, at least in their North American versions.

If it was a 4 door convertible, or a special 4 door hardtop, it might be much more of a challenge, but a 4 door sedan is a fairly simple proposition. Kaiser purchased many of its parts from suppliers, like Borg-Warner transmissions, and so forth, rather than making all their own parts, so there are a lot of parts still available as they fit in many different applications, from tractors, to portable compressors, to forklift trucks and so on. When I went to do a complete rebuild my 49 engine with new valves, pistons and other parts, the shop in the village 11 km away had almost every single part needed on the shelf, and the few bits they didn't have, they had the next morning from a warehouse in a nearby city.

Good luck to your friend.
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Jim B PEI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2011, 12:20:06 PM »
A lot of the car looks to be in good condition, other parts not. The fenders need a lot of work, and it is odd that the seats are completely gone but the inside door panels look relatively good.

If the engine is stuck, pouring a 50-50 mixture of automatic transmission fluid and acetone (take care, no flames, sparks or high heat as acetone is quite flammable; should be well ventilated too) down the spark plug holes and letting it sit for a week or two should free it up.
KF
Studebaker
lawn art

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2011, 03:46:06 PM »
...thanks for the advices Jim B Pei, I forwarded this forum and this topic to the new owner, so he will read the advices, much appreciated, the seats are gone because they were kept for many years outside the car in the shed and there was rain leaking through the roof on them for years...

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2011, 04:26:54 PM »
...the rest of the photo's I took today of the Kaiser are to find through here...

http://www.joey-jan.com/gallery/joeyjan/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 01:22:03 AM »
Excellent slide show!  The car is pretty rusted, but there seems to be some potential there.  Thanks for the pictures!
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2011, 06:04:27 PM »
...today the Kaiser was taken out the garage, a reporter/photographer came along to make a story for a Dutch classic car magazine, the photo's are to find on my website...

http://www.joey-jan.com/gallery/joeyjan/thumbnails.php?album=lastup&cat=0

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: July 22, 2011, 10:41:04 PM »
Interesting center headlight.  I assume that is aftermarket.  Rotterdam wouldn't have put that on in the factory, would they?

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 10:09:16 AM »
I am sure the people in Holland can correct me where I am wrong, but as I understand it, that center light is a fog light (gets foggy on both sides of the English Channel, depending on wind direction).  While it is not a domestic (USA)  K-F option, I believe that the Dutch operation had the light available to dealers and car owners.  Don't know if it had a K-F type part number.

Jim B PEI

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 11:43:43 AM »
My 56 Panhard (non-US version, so different) had a third centre light like that which was also a yellow-bulb fog light.
KF
Studebaker
lawn art

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2011, 02:56:42 PM »
Don't know if it had a K-F type part number.

...was there today and had a look if there was any number to find around and on the light, it wasn't or couldn't find it...