Author Topic: Henry j fuel pump.  (Read 1191 times)

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Henry j fuel pump.
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:47:34 AM »
Need some help here...We have a KF member with a Henry J with a bad fuel pump. He is in poor health and can not replace it himself. Can some one provide some off the shelf fuel pump part numbers/sources that will work for a HJ? I am not sure if he has a 4 or 6 and whether it needs to be a single action or double. I plan to have our local club replace it and get him back on the road. Thanks in advance for your help.
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Henry j fuel pump.
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 10:22:15 AM »
Airtex #572 ($40 on ebay)is a single action pump that will work well on both a 4 and a 6 cylinder Henry J. On the 4 cyl. a metal spacer is required to lower the fuel pressure. Airtex 4318($80.00 on ebay) is a dual action pump that works well on a 6 cyl. Henry J. I have used both to good results . They are current manufacture and alcohol resistant. Dual action pumps that are supposed to fit the 4 cylinder J sometimes do not because of lack of clearance on the bottom of the pump. Some pumps have a flat bottom and others have a domed bottom with a bolt in the center. The latter will not clear. I gave up on dual action pumps long ago. The vacuum wipers are so bad that the slight increase in vacuum from a dual action pump is not worth the trouble(use Rainex)and now only use the single.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

alohagreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 02:23:09 PM by alohagreen »
alohageen is here to help,
a little help goes a LONG way...