Author Topic: Time to put up  (Read 1300 times)

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
Time to put up
« on: October 06, 2015, 04:32:31 PM »
Tomorrow morning ,I have to say yes or no to a Henry J I have been stewing over. If I say no, it is headed to the drag strip. If I say yes, my wife is headed to an eruption. A dozen reasons to not buy it. I still want it. If you do not hear from me tomorrow, I am at the lawyers office trying to agree on who gets to keep the dog!
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Time to put up
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 05:06:25 PM »
If you buy it, you'll have a dozen KF products under your belt. A good, even number.

As we say at work, do it now and ask forgiveness later.

Hollenway

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 05:44:40 PM »
Jim....

IF the price is right and you have the $$$$$$ I say do it !!!!    ( My apologies to Evelyn ).   At our ages if we
want to do something we better git 'er done.     To send a car like that to it's death as a drag car is just plain
dumb.   You can still buy plastic bodies to butcher.   And I know this is probably NOT a popular opinion among
the newer members - but these cars would do 55 mph when they were new and these days that's fast enough
in a car 60 years old.   If you want a street rod - build one - but please use a basket case K/F car........   The really
nice cars are getting hard to find........  and cutting one up for a drag car will never get my vote !!!!

Long story short - buy it !!!!!!!!!

Davey

mikemon22

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 05:48:27 PM »
Jim - where is it and how much is it. Maybe we can keep it in the club family, but in Oklahoma, not Florida.
'51 HJ Deluxe

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2015, 06:43:52 PM »
Good luck on whatever  you decide Jim! Please keep us posted (I'm sure you will).
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2015, 01:35:23 PM »
Well I did not buy the Henry J. It had some very good points, the interior was great ,I liked the continental tire and some bad ones. It had received a owner applied paint job 15 years ago without proper prep and the paint was peeling. You can not paint over it. Every bit has to be sanded off. You can not use a chemical stripper without undoing the bondo underneath. I had to do have this done once. It was exorbitant . It also had rust issues underneath. I was in love with this satin blue beauty and had a very hard time saying no.

I am not looking for a show car, don't want another, but at my age and health, I can not take on one with major issues. I will keep looking!
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

alohagreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2015, 05:39:59 PM »
sad...
mine would make a better cut me car, its at the spot where
drive it and enjoy -n- restore a little, or drag race it...
   8)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 05:48:09 PM by alohagreen »
alohageen is here to help,
a little help goes a LONG way...