Author Topic: I guess a wiring I will go.....  (Read 962 times)

Docs52

• My 1953 Kaiser Deluxe Sedan
    • View Profile
    • Email
I guess a wiring I will go.....
« on: November 23, 2015, 12:26:01 AM »
  :)Hi everybody,
Well now that I have all I can do under the hood, now to under the dash. :'( I was able to turn over the engine with the key switch after installing a new starter solenoid. then I opened up the dash to put some new bulbs in and I may have pulled the unit out to far and the key switch will not work now. So now I have to go hunting for that bad wire, but, the cloth wiring is so brittle and faded I can't tell the color of the wires.
Any help would be greatly appreciated from the other members,
Thanks,
Doc Wasson ;) 

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: I guess a wiring I will go.....
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2015, 05:36:40 AM »
Check the wiring to and from the Amp gauge. The ignition circuit runs thru it and if there's a break, you'll have problems like what you are experiencing.

IowaTom

« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 06:30:51 AM »
Doc - I bought a harness from Speedway Motors in Lincoln, NE, that comes with a fuse box and labeled wires.  Figured I'd be chasing shorts forever if I kept the old cloth covered stuff.  Might be worth a thought to just take the plunge.

Docs52

• My 1953 Kaiser Deluxe Sedan
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2015, 12:05:50 AM »
 ;D Hello Everybody,
Thanks for all of the suggestions, as always y'all have been a great help to me and I will put a new wiring harness w/ fuse box in when I change it to a 12 volt system. I want to keep the old 6volt system in for now, just rewire it with modern grade wire. With that being said, does anybody have a great copy of the wiring diagram for a 1953 Kaiser deluxe. The one I have is from my copy of the 1952 - 53 supplement, which I have found out that it is not a complete copy.
Thanks,
Doc Wasson ;)