Author Topic: 1947 Kaiser - Two For Sale  (Read 5632 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
1947 Kaiser - Two For Sale
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:37:41 AM »
I have decided to sell my recently acquired 1947 Airway Blue Kaiser Special, as well as a running parts car. This is a two-for-one deal. The blue 47 runs, drives and stops but needs restored. The other car runs...very well...but is best as a parts car. Included in the deal is a perfect NOS interior that includes the front and rear seats, ready to install, door panels, again...ready to install, the headliner, windlace and wireon. Also including the following in the deal:
- NOS front and rear bumpers, very nice and ready to install.
- NOS and good used bumper guards
- Early style "knob" hubcaps - replated
- New front floor pans
- Some chrome like inside door handles, trunk lid handle, horn ring and other small odds and ends

I am fairly firm at $3000 for everything.

The value here is in the interior. The seats and door panels alone would run you nearly $2000 to have done professionally so for a mere $1000 more, you get two cars to go with the deal.

Included are a few pictures. I have more. I've done some cleanup on the blue car...the pictures here are the "before" shots.

Selling only because I want to put the funds toward my 54 Manhattan. It was my dad's car and he's been bugging me to get it back on the road.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 09:07:19 AM by joefrazer »

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1947 Kaiser - Two For Sale
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 10:04:56 AM »
I wish they were 48's

FRAZER47

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 10:10:28 AM »
You mentioned there were new floor pans available.  Does the car need them now, how much rust is there?
Thanks

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 02:57:02 PM »
I've had a few questions posed so I thought I'd reply here for those interested.

I'm selling because I do not have the space I need to properly restore the car. While it could be a decent driver as-is, the car would be better off restored.

The car has had the floors and both rear quarters patched. I forgot to mention in my original post that it does come with 2 new rear quarters as well as two new front fenders. All are NOS but will need minor work to install...mostly a good sanding a fresh prime and paint.

I am not interested in trades. I do not have the room for another project car...dad's 54 needs done and I need the room to do it right. That's the main reason I'm selling this package.

This is a good deal for the right person.

joncon

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 03:59:32 PM »
Where are you located?
51 Henry J
63 R1 Studebaker
70 Chevy pickup
33 Ford
72 Chevy pickup

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 04:31:00 PM »
The cars are in Cleveland, OH

John Yocum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 12:40:34 PM »

If the cars are still for sale, could you please post more pictures. Also do you know a reasonable   
       and reliable auto transporter in Cleveland ?  If possible could you post your phone number ?

Thanks,John

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 10:20:15 AM by joefrazer »

John Yocum

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 03:09:41 PM »

Can you post pictures of the seats and door panels ?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 08:53:06 PM »
SOLD

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 10:05:44 AM »
Hello joefrazer,
I would be interested in communicating with the buyer of your two 48's if you can provide me with that information.  If you are uncomfortable with providing that information directly, please see if he/she would like to contact me.  I have two cars of the same type and would like to see if some bartering might be arranged.  Thanks in advance,
Jerry