Author Topic: Carrying on the membership...  (Read 662 times)

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Carrying on the membership...
« on: February 17, 2016, 06:58:05 PM »
Greetings All!  First, I am very happy to be officially joining the KFOCI.  I am, I guess, taking over for my father, Joseph Patera. He was a police officer/Seargeant for 30 years here...He was literally like Andy Griffith. Everyone's favorite/nicest cop that ever arrested them. Finally getting around to some of the loose ends, but my dad passed last year, February 8, 2015. I can’t believe a year has gone by!  Well, lucky for me, I think, as it needs much attention, but I bought his Kaiser Darrin#388.  He bought it from his Army buddy whose dad owned a dealership here in Ohio(BALDERSON MOTORS
7TH STREET MC CONNELSVILLE, OH)…The son drove it as it was the dealership demo model if you want to call it that…My dad bought it newly/used in 1956 from the dealership.  It has sat for a long time…He did have it stored outside for sometime but was smart enough to remove the supercharger and store that until he built a garage.

I look forward to carrying on his memory, being an owner of his car, keeping it in the family, and getting my son's hands dirty wrenching with me...
Regards,
Noah
...Here's a pic of him and his buddy reporting down to Ft. Benning
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 07:12:29 PM by njpatera »
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Carrying on the membership...
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 07:21:07 PM »
Thanks for the story! My uncle lived in Brunswick and together with my father, they would scour the countryside looking for Kaisers. I'm sure they visited with your father and his Darrin.

I'm sorry to hear of your father's passing but it is nice to know you're keeping the car in the family.

Keep us informed of the progress!