Author Topic: Antique 1948 Kaiser Frazer Deluxe  (Read 811 times)

jake

• View Profile
    • Email
Antique 1948 Kaiser Frazer Deluxe
« on: February 15, 2016, 11:04:36 PM »
 :'(
« Last Edit: June 21, 2018, 10:10:22 PM by jake »
EX- Member #7416 

NO Club.. 

Just a lone wolf..

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: Antique 1948 Kaiser Frazer Deluxe
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 02:29:19 PM »
Sweet car. Not far from me, either. I don't know who's it is though.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Antique 1948 Kaiser Frazer Deluxe
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 09:50:56 AM »
Boy that is nice and I think has been on here before.  It never hurts to show the restored cars, because we see so many KF's that are in project or parts car condition.  Like any car in this condition (of the ad) it makes a world of difference to the overall styling and nostalgia to see these cars in this super nice condition. 

I am a big fan of green, but so so on mint green all over, so this two toning to me - is very appealing and plays off of each color to maximum effect. 

On the ad, negotiable on price but lists a starting conversation at $25,000.  That would leave an impression in someone's mind that you could go down "maybe" 10% without offending the seller.  So, is this a $22,500 car? 

You would never get that back if you bought it for $22,500 and enjoyed it for 10 years or so.  These antiques are going down in price, so it's like buying a house at the market maximum.  You aren't going to sell the house for market maximum when it needs to be sold.

Same with this car. Not sure what the inaccurate price guides say, but I suspect you would be "all in" at $17,500 for any early car like this, in #1 or #2 condition. Just my guess.

I keep thinking back to some benchmarks, like that very low mileage 51 Deluxe in Michigan we were all oogling about 6 weeks ago, and he had dropped the price to I think $11,000.  Kind of hard to pay $25,000 when if a person is patient, you could get 2-3 nice driver and show cars for $25,000, not called a convertible, Dragon or Virginian.
No old cars owned.