Author Topic: '53 Deluxe w/Supercharger on Ebay  (Read 3615 times)

carsngolf

• View Profile
    • Email
'53 Deluxe w/Supercharger on Ebay
« on: January 04, 2010, 09:25:32 PM »
A very interesting posting on Ebay.  A '53 Deluxe Two Door with a supercharger.  Hard to say from photos but it could be a very nice car.  The chrome looks excellent but it needs paint and a new interior.  Car is in Orangevale, CA.  Item #330392141008

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: '53 Deluxe w/Supercharger on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:58:59 PM »
I have not looked it up, but is the color green and does it have "Kaiser Special" in non-KF script on the fenders?

carsngolf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:08:39 PM »
The side script is not viewable but the color is definitely green.  Do you know the car?

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 09:37:41 AM »
See the postings under Kaiser Forum headed http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=773.0
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

carsngolf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 06:59:24 PM »
Many thanks to Ben-Tex for the follow up.  A VERY interesting story and history.  I wish I had the space or I would have bought it myself.  In the photos the chrome looked beautiful and would have been worth half the price of the car if you junked the rest.  I hope the new owner realizes what he has and treats it accordingly.  Having just read the latest KF News, apparently the '53 "Luxus" upholstery is now available so that's all it would take to bring it up to super standards.  I don't think anyone would be insulted by the supercharger as long as it was installed tastefully.
Jerry Weiland

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 09:27:46 PM »
Mike did an excellent job in working with his mechanic to create the car back in the 1970's.  It is worth noting that he once took the car to a vintage drag race afternoon.  The favorite was a set-up Packard;  Mike not only beat the Packard's best time, but during the event, the Packard's Ultramatic died.