Author Topic: Newbie wants to say Thanks to all  (Read 2191 times)

Jim G

• View Profile
    • Email
Newbie wants to say Thanks to all
« on: January 16, 2010, 08:07:48 PM »
  Greetings All,
Jim G here, I just would like to take a moment of your time and let you all know that I've taken the time to read many of the posts in all the forums, just to get aquainted with the sight, and I must say I'm happy to be able to be a part of it , so far every one with whom I've had contact with is a straight shooter, knowledgeable ,and has been pleasant to talk to/do business with ,again Thanks to all and Thanks for the warm welcome, Regards Jim G

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
Re: Newbie wants to say Thanks to all
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 09:42:11 AM »
Welcome Jim. I know how you feel. It's a GREAT club, I really enjoy it too. I'm kinda new too. I've been ( and am ) in a few clubs, seems to me the club is like a job, It's the people that make it nice or bad. Everyone is so nice,and helpful. I haven't meet anyone face to face yet, but I can't wait to go to a kf ride or meet.  Anyway, Welcome, and hope to meet you too, by the way, I have a 53 Kaiser Manhattan, what do you have? I'm in lower west Mo. hope we can meet if you not to far away. Ron,,, aka orphanauto.
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

GA Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 04:28:31 PM »
Hey y'all.  Greetings from a rainy and very saturated north Georgia. 

I am new to this forum as well, I have been reading a lot of the discussions and finally decided to give it a try and see if I can respond to something. This will be a good test for when I start asking a bunch of dumb questions.  I have a '54 Manhattan that I have owned for 2 1/2 years, I have been in the KFOCI for about 3 1/2 years.  I have had a few of my stories published in the Quarterly, and my car was featured in the KF calendar as Miss December 2009.  I look forward to future discussions.  Thanks for being out there and taking the time to write.  My e-mail buddy Dave H from PA has been a great help to me over the last few years,  I can't wait to meet him and see his collection of cars.  Maybe this summer when I am in Maryland for my baby boy's wedding! 

Look for an announcement in the February Bulletin about a KF meet here in the Dixie Region.  My local KF buddy Rick K is pushing me to instigate a meet here since we do not seem to have much activity in the Dixie region.  I guess I need to make it happen.  We are thinking about late September, or early October. 

That's enough for now, let's see if my post shows up. 

Frank P.
GA Kaiser
1954 Manhattan

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:06:30 PM »
Frank, beautiful looking car you have.  Great time of the year to put together a meet.  Any idea where it may be?  I live in Winston-Salem, NC and have a 54 myself.  I'll keep an eye out...glad to have you in the group!!!  Mike
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 07:57:42 PM »
Hey Frank, it sounds good about a Dixie Region Meet. May I suggest pick a town and research the local activities for the weekends in September & October. For example, if there is a local college that has a football program, you wouldn't want to schedule a meet the same weekend as a home game, but you may get some lodging deals on an away weekend. If the area has a "fall colors" reputation that may block out all but the 1st weekend in October.
I don't know about Georgia, but I know it is typical in East Tennessee to jump up lodging prices on Thursday, Friday, & Saturday's.
Tom
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

GA Kaiser

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2010, 02:40:04 PM »
Hi guys.  I guess my post did go through since I see your responses.  Rick lives in Decatur, GA, I am in Woodstock, GA.  I was thinking of having the meet here in Woodstock, there are a lot of hotels/ motels, shopping and restaurants on Hwy 92 just off of I-575.  We are far enough from Atlanta to be out of that crazy traffic, and rooms are more affordable.  For site seeing, Old Towne Woodstock is nearby, as is the historic Marietta Square, Kennesaw Mountain national battlefield park, Confederate Cemetery, Lake Allatoona and other local sites.  We are also looking at going to an exquisite car collection on the east side of Atlanta.  We have thought about inviting some orphan car clubs to a show for Saturday afternoon, and then have People's choice awards for KF products, and then other manufacturers.  I have a notice in the Bulletin for February to see if we can get some Dixie member interest before we proceed to work out all the details.  We plan to start small and maybe we can make this into an annual event and expand it as time goes on, or move it around the Dixie region if folks take a liking to it. Take care, pray for dry weather. Frank
GA Kaiser
1954 Manhattan