Author Topic: Auto-Lite Equipped Allstate  (Read 2757 times)

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Auto-Lite Equipped Allstate
« on: January 25, 2010, 11:34:26 AM »
Does anyone know if any of the Allstate were equipped with Autolite electrical components (Generator, Starter etc.)?

I am throwing out a wild guess that the 'Early' 1952 Allstate were.  I think there after they were Delcro-Remy like the 1952 - 1953 Henry J's.

Note: What started this all is that I obtained a Allstate Requlator that is used with Auto-Lite Electrical system. I thought it would be only be usable on 1951 Henry J and 1952 Henry J Vagabonds.
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
Re: Auto-Lite Equipped Allstate
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 05:28:16 PM »
Sounds like an interesting topic.  I don't have an answer for you, but when you say Allstate Regulator, do you mean it was meant to be installed on an Allstate or it is an Allstate brand regulator?  Allstate did have an aftermarket line of products, so just because it says Allstate on the regulator, it obviosly doesn't mean it is 100% meant for the Allstate car.  Just something to think about.  Looking forward to hearing more on this...
Regards,
Chris
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 06:41:42 PM »
Recently JoeFrazer51 supplied me a Part List/Price List for the Allstate. It list Part Number, Description, List Price, Trade Net Price and  Dealer Net Price. It is only two pages long and does not list what model each part number is applicable to. It list the following that makes me ask the above question.

P/N               Description                              My Comment                                List Price
400001          Engine (Auto-Lite Equipped)       I assume that this is the 4 cyl         $243.92
400002          Engine (Auto-Lite Equipped)       I assume that this is the 6 cyl         $305.76

400068          Engine (Delco-Remy Equipped)   I assume that this is the 4 cyl          $243.92
400069          Engine (Delco-Remy Equipped)   I assume that this is the 6 cyl          $305.76
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 08:26:23 PM »
Weighing in on the subject, there was a fellow at the national convention in Chicago a few years ago who had an early Allstate and it had the Autolite system in it. I think I have a picture of under the hood, if so I'll try to post it.
And, Chris is correct, Sears sold regulators under their Allstate brand that fit most every car made. I have old Sears automotive catalogs and their list of available parts made JC Whitney look like a back yard operation!
Here's a few pictures of the late 53 Allstate that I dragged to the show...
http://kaiserfrazercars.com/allstdoneleft.JPG
http://kaiserfrazercars.com/allstengdone1a.jpg

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 08:47:45 PM »
JoeFrazer,

What dates do you have on that/those old Sears automotive catalogs and their list of available parts. I am very interested in anything dated from 1950 to about 1955. If you do have some from that time frame I like to get copies of them if possible. I am very interested in what Auto Accessories that Sears/Allstate had available at that time. I know that they had Spotlight, Fog Lights, Road Lights, Backup Lights, Turn Signals. Compass, Radio, Map Light, Clamp-on Mirrors, and Heater.

Best,

Mark
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 10:12:48 PM »
Allstates used the same basic engine as the Henry J, equipped as an HJ motor other than parts in the list supplied with a K-F Service Bulletin issued after Sears closed out the Allstate deal in 1953.  Starter and generator were either Delco-Remy or Auto-lite in 1952.