Author Topic: Car show  (Read 1460 times)

Orphanauto

• View Profile
    • www.orphanauto.webs.com
    • Email
Car show
« on: February 07, 2010, 09:53:14 PM »
I am from a small town ( 1,358 population, biggest town in the county ) we have a car show every year on the sat before the 4th of July, the 3rd this year, I would love to see some other Kaiser Frazer products besides my 53 Manhattan there. This is in the southern lower Mo. area. I'm not sure who in the club I should contact, so I thought maybe if I post here, others may get the idea of getting local club members to showup to the local car shows as well, and this would give them the answer to WHO do you contact in the club about local events. Also, I noticed there isn't really a local chapter in my area, yet, according to the club roster, there are alot of members in this area, mmm, kinda curious, what does it take to get a local chapter started?
1953 Kaiser Manhattan 4-door

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Car show
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:05:11 AM »
Thanks to a re-write of the club's working papers (Constitution and By-Laws) the organization is arranged by divisions and regions.  There was also a Chicago Zone, but if I understand the documents correctly, the set up of zones has been eliminated and no additional regions can be set up within the Midwest Division, which includes MO (we had to eliminate two existing regions within the Division because of the re-write that less than 30% of the membership actually had a chance to vote on). 

I would suggest the following for the moment.  First, send the date, location and name of the event to Barbara Mueller, the KFOCI Monthly Bulletin editor (check your newsletter for address and/or e-mail).  She can put it on the Calendar of Events for 2010.  If you can send information on the event (where located in relation to other larger cities, etc) it could run in the Bulletin as dates get closer (note closing dates for the next publication month...this info is in the Bulletin as well).   If the organizers of the event have a mailing list of those who have attended in the past, you might want to see about getting area KFOCI members added to that list as well.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Car show
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 07:43:36 PM »
When I moved my collection from CA to St. Joseph MO a couple of years ago I looked for a chapter near me and found the Heart of America Chapter and tried to join that group as it seemed the closest to me.  Well they took my money and ran.  I received one newsletter and I never heard from them again so save your energy and do not try to go there.  It would be great to have an active chapter in the MO area and as was mentioned earlier there are many members from MO in the roster and I am sure that many would be interested in a get together maybe in conjunction with another car show near the center of the state.  Jack Mueller's idea to advertise your event in the Club Bulletin is a good one and should bring some nice results.  Good luck in getting K-F members to participate in your event and in getting a group together.  I am sure interested and let me know how I can help to get it done.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom